DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Atlanta checking in...

I'm in Loganville and would be interested in meeting some other Mavic owners in this area. I am very near (1 mile ) Cedar Lakes Golf Course. I flew my Mavic from my house to the golf course. Got some pretty nice video of the flight. Just want to fly with someone else so that I don't get in trouble by myself. J/K lol! Black Shoals reservoir is just down the road. There is a covered bridge that I would like to get some video of. If anyone wants to join me just let me know.

Hello, Just got my Mavic on the 18th. Been flying a Typhoon H Pro for the last few months. Live in North Gwinnett County, and always looking for fellow pilots. Any recommendations for good places to fly in Gwinnett?

Look for new subdivisions that are brand new. After 6-7 everybody is gone and there is a lot of space to practice

Is anybody available tomorrow or thursday or friday with a mavic? Or any drone just to look at mine and test it.
I got mine and I did some shots but my gimbal seems to be defective.
The horizon tilts even at low speeds, Im still in beginner mode and I still see the tilt.
Also when I turn and stop, the gimbal very slowly drifts, and sometime it comes back to the horizon, sometimes stays tilted. I still have time to exchange and send it back with BHP, but I want to see another mavic to compare maybe to see if this is normal or not.
I did IMU and compass and gimbal calibration 3 times, different locations, and if I set the gimbal roll on the ground to flat, after some flying its tilted, set it again in the air, make some turns and its tilted even more or to the other side.

Ive seen some youtube videos in sport mode where the gimbal does tilt in a fast movement but stops immediately on horizon after letting the stick go.Mine stops at an angle and slowly drifts for 1-2 seconds until it stops(tilted or not).
Im in kennesaw, but i can drive to pretty much anywhere, big open spaces, football fields etc if you give me the location.
Thanks!

Is anybody available tomorrow or thursday or friday with a mavic? Or any drone just to look at mine and test it.
I got mine and I did some shots but my gimbal seems to be defective.
The horizon tilts even at low speeds, Im still in beginner mode and I still see the tilt.
Also when I turn and stop, the gimbal very slowly drifts, and sometime it comes back to the horizon, sometimes stays tilted. I still have time to exchange and send it back with BHP, but I want to see another mavic to compare maybe to see if this is normal or not.
I did IMU and compass and gimbal calibration 3 times, different locations, and if I set the gimbal roll on the ground to flat, after some flying its tilted, set it again in the air, make some turns and its tilted even more or to the other side.

Ive seen some youtube videos in sport mode where the gimbal does tilt in a fast movement but stops immediately on horizon after letting the stick go.Mine stops at an angle and slowly drifts for 1-2 seconds until it stops(tilted or not).
Im in kennesaw, but i can drive to pretty much anywhere, big open spaces, football fields etc if you give me the location.
Thanks!

What time? I need to find out why my camera is whiting out the video now smdh

The beautiful weather today killed my plans. Lets hope for a better weekend.

Just a heads up for anybody in GA looking for drone insurance. Got a policy yesterday with Jacob Hiers thru State Farm. I called 3 different agents and he had the best policy rate, was the most knowledgable and fastest to return my call....

Is $72/year for $1000 covering drone and $3000 covering a dslr camera. $0 deductible. The entire transaction took 30 min. I just had to email in serial numbers and receipt.

Nikon full frame. No lens just the body....The camera was more of an afterthought. Covering the drone for 1 year was $60 so for $12 more dollars the camera was fully covered.

I shouldve covered my lenses too (I only have two expensive lenses) but the insurance for the drone was mainly in case of a fly-away or crash. Im fairly conservative when it comes to flying the drone but I do like to venture out a little bit further sometimes ;)

Here is my first video:

I am available on the weekend if anybody has plans to fly I'm ready to go!

Im looking for spots with water. A waterfall, a river, a lake....some water!

Any ideas?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spitspin