DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ATTI mode

R24fran

Reactions
Is there anyway to switch to ATTI mode manually? Meaning, I want to strictly fly ATTI for work reasons, but it won't let me switch modes. Unless anybody has figured it out? Any help would be great!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Wrap with aluminum foil before takeoff = ATTI mode.
Um, wrap the whole thing? I don't think so, you would not have good RC signal that way either. I assume you are kidding though.

EDIT, actually I think the antennas are in the front legs so if you don't wrap those it may be ok. And you should be able to see light bouncing off the aluminum in flight. :)

Actually I'm not. Just the body (around battery area). The antennas are in the "legs". Someone posted a pic a few weeks ago.

I'm not a moron so I would never try this. What line of work requires use of ATTI mode over GPS?

Thanks for the feedback guys. You can get a WAY better shot with ATTI. I own multiple aircrafts including the inspire 2 and phantom 4 pro. Both of which allow a switch to ATTI in flight. That is why it is strange that mavic does not allow it. Flying in ATTI is like filming with a moving loud. It moves in the direction that you want it to with no power, just by the wind. I am surprised you guys don't know this. Flying in ATTI is for the serious professional. GPS is also but only if you are taking video/photography at subject with no movement.

Reactions: SteveO
Thanks for the feedback guys. You can get a WAY better shot with ATTI. I own multiple aircrafts including the inspire 2 and phantom 4 pro. Both of which allow a switch to ATTI in flight. That is why it is strange that mavic does not allow it. Flying in ATTI is like filming with a moving loud. It moves in the direction that you want it to with no power, just by the wind. I am surprised you guys don't know this. Flying in ATTI is for the serious professional. GPS is also but only if you are taking video/photography at subject with no movement.

I agree the first part of your post. I fly Phantom too and was surprised that Mavic has no A mode. Just P and S. When Compass and/or GPS fails, A mode is the best way to prevent the drone from crashing. It fly like gliding on a big piece of ice. Very smooth without any braking. But I don't totally agree that Flying A mode is for serious professional. Wind gust can easily ruin smooth video in A mode. A good thumb control on the remote control is the key to get smooth video. Reducing braking value in setting will also help.

Reactions: Andrew F

Of course we (old timers) know that trick. But I personally don't like it as the winds I'm in are very rarely consistent. But I agree there should be an ATTI switch like on the Phantoms.

I agree the first part of your post. I fly Phantom too and was surprised that Mavic has no A mode. Just P and S. When Compass and/or GPS fails, A mode is the best way to prevent the drone from crashing. It fly like gliding on a big piece of ice. Very smooth without any braking. But I don't totally agree that Flying A mode is for serious professional. Wind gust can easily ruin smooth video in A mode. A good thumb control on the remote control is the key to get smooth video. Reducing braking value in setting will also help.
Yep. That gentle thumb is for serious professionals . . . (Joking)

In Atti mode does the drone know your height if the bottom sensors are covered? If not, does that mean you could fly without a height restriction?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest