DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Atti Mode

I sure hope so!

Reactions: greenmtnboy
To me it's a really glaring omission. :( I am guessing they removed it to simplify for new users.

I also hope they add that as an option at some point...

Many have submitted the suggestion to DJI so fingers crossed!

The Mavic does have ATTI, it is just not user selectable at this point. With enough interest DJI MIGHT add that option in a future update, not sure why they removed it except they might think as drone flying is moving more and more into the mainstream (out of the hobby flyer area) the user base is less concerned with manual flying and more with stable photography.

Reactions: Aleng P
Its been mentioned on the official forum that a feature request has been sent to the engineers on this. Who knows if it'll happen or not, and if it does, how long it'll take. Based on all the Mavic issues we currently see, potentially do to GPS issues, this feature is super important to implement imo - as the feature will make the quad not rely on GPS, thus making it ideal for the situations in which the GPS is erring out. Pretty stupid by DJI not adding this before the Mavic release in my opinion.

Why is it important? Other than to say you fly in ATTI mode?

To be clear my Mavic DOES have ATTI mode... it also has "OPTI MODE".

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

its the best way to determine the winds effect on the craft, also if there's a gps issue or error, you can flip to atti in any other dji craft to recover.

What Patrick said above. I don't like to guess what the wind is doing or rely on some forecast. I like to be able to measure it accurately. Without ATTI mode I can no longer do that. Lame lame lame.

Reactions: F6Rider
Why is it important? Other than to say you fly in ATTI mode?

To be clear my Mavic DOES have ATTI mode... it also has "OPTI MODE".

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

@TheLightSpeed! - I recall reading this and perhaps you could illuminate us on the way one switches to OPTI mode (Controller Sequence). Also how this mode would differ from ATTI mode.

It seems to me that if it will allow virtually the same control of the Mavic Pro then ATTI mode specifically would not be as large of a concern to some folks.

It seems some retraining of pilots to switch into OPTI mode is all that is needed.

@TheLightSpeed! - I recall reading this and perhaps you could illuminate us on the way one switches to OPTI mode (Controller Sequence). Also how this mode would differ from ATTI mode.

It seems to me that if it will allow virtually the same control of the Mavic Pro then ATTI mode specifically would not be as large of a concern to some folks.

It seems some retraining of pilots to switch into OPTI mode is all that is needed.
I don't have the manual memorized, but from my flight experience, Opti mode only turns on when there's no GPS lock but still within 10 meters of the ground. The downward sensors will accurately maintain hover/positioning. For me, I've only gotten Opti mode indoors, and I don't have an indoor space higher than 10 meters where I can verify that Opti switches over to ATTI.

I thought I read that there was an option to enable OPTI mode using the C5 multi button by pressing it in. I think (and I may be wrong) that TheLightSpeed! posted that one was able to manually switch to OPTI mode.

I guess I am a bit confused with the ATTI mode as my Mavic never comes out of ATTI mode even with good GPS signals. I cannot enter any other flight mode as trying to do so brings up a warning that no other flight modes are possible as ATTI mode is on.

Is there a way to turn ATTI mode off to enable the other flight modes?

Its been mentioned on the official forum that a feature request has been sent to the engineers on this. Who knows if it'll happen or not, and if it does, how long it'll take. Based on all the Mavic issues we currently see, potentially do to GPS issues, this feature is super important to implement imo - as the feature will make the quad not rely on GPS, thus making it ideal for the situations in which the GPS is erring out. Pretty stupid by DJI not adding this before the Mavic release in my opinion.

It has been an absolute non-issue for me. I like the option as a means for working in manual mode should I be forced to by the application but thus far. It has been a non-issue. I even fired it up inside to see what would happen again no problem.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I guess I am a bit confused with the ATTI mode as my Mavic never comes out of ATTI mode even with good GPS signals. I cannot enter any other flight mode as trying to do so brings up a warning that no other flight modes are possible as ATTI mode is on.

Is there a way to turn ATTI mode off to enable the other flight modes?

You have a problem. It could be you are in a place where there is a ton of interference. Try flying in a different location. If that doesn't work start making calls.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Yup
@Skyhawk You should be in ATTI mode momentarily when the Mavic is first powered on and then as GPS satellites are locked onto the Mavic will automatically change to GPS mode for positioning. If this is not happening in multiple flight locations then you absolutely have an issue with the way the Mavic is meant to operate.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S