DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Australian Latest Update Issues.

not sure if they have activated that "new" update yet, i haven't been forced to update yet so i suspect its yet to be triggered.

Tested and confirmed this morning. I'm hoping to get out that way before Christmas.
Post some vids. Fantastic country out there.

Yeah have been scouting some awesome locations while working, a few beaut billabongs, and we had to do some 4wding up some creeks/canyons to access an area the other day (half day to hand construction/repair an old road that was previously used) and got some ideas to put the drone overhead on the next trip for parts of the drive.

They had some good rain up there a month ago, so still very green and water running in some of the creeks, so hopefully when I'm heading back in a couple of weeks it'll be much the same.

Will see if I can get some time on controls between now and then too - don't have many hrs on the clock as yet...

Thanks for the replies too.

Again, you will not be forced to update just ignore all updates FW and SW.
If you update the App then all you need to do is login again with your password.
That's all.
Hi there Michael,
Smokey from Adelaide here...
Just a little trepeditious about my moving over to an ipad mini 4 from a Samsung S5. The current
.400 FW and .4 app are working well on the Android, but the lure of a larger screen was too much - that plus the claim that the iOS and the mini 4 are meant to be the bees knees. So I guess I'm asking for advice re updating or not updating the FW and app version - if I can leave everything as is (FW .400/app.4) when I get my ipad this Wednesday.
Cheers Smokey.

Reactions: Elliott
Probably not as the App now in App Store would be the new one.
Saying all this, my personal experience is positive, no degradation in performance. I use IPad now, bigger screen than phone. No crashes glitches etc.

Probably not as the App now in App Store would be the new one.
Saying all this, my personal experience is positive, no degradation in performance. I use IPad now, bigger screen than phone. No crashes glitches etc.
Okay - so you're saying you're on the latest app, AND Firmware, and all is good for you?
Again thanks for your patience. Smokey

Yes the FW is still .700 there has, as yet, been no FW update only the DJI app.
I will update as soon as it comes out.
Okay, gotcha - so when I get my ipad Wednesday, I'll load the latest app from apple and use my .400 until such time as the latest firmware is released. Then see what I want to do...
Okay - so you're saying you're on the latest app, AND Firmware, and all is good for you?
Again thanks for your patience. Smokey

I updated to the latest firmware ending in .700 had multiple attemps on my iphone 6s+
And ipad pro gets to 92% then tells me firmware upload unsuccessful please try again. Learnt to Try it on my imac with DJI assistant 2 program still took several attempts to get a successful upload. Had to disconnect and reconnect mavic after a failed upload then it gave into my persistance and i got 100% succesfull upload. I signed in to my existing account as thats what the warning in the dji go4 app has been warning.
NOW. The gimabal doesnt respond, My camera stream is black and hieghts restrictions are ON. The gimbal calibration doesnt move either nothing from the camera Soo frustrating!!! Ive emailed DJI with my rant awaiting response.
Im in AUSTRALIA and am wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issues??
Have they completed the download with any limitations like mine??

NOW. The gimabal doesnt respond, My camera stream is black and hieghts restrictions are ON. The gimbal calibration doesnt move either nothing from the camera Soo frustrating!!!

The pillars that support the sky are starting to crumble and Chicken Little knows it.
And I'm too chicken to play the H̶o̶b̶o̶k̶e̶n̶ DJI hustle double shuffle.

I updated to the latest firmware ending in .700 had multiple attemps on my iphone 6s+
And ipad pro gets to 92% then tells me firmware upload unsuccessful please try again. Learnt to Try it on my imac with DJI assistant 2 program still took several attempts to get a successful upload. Had to disconnect and reconnect mavic after a failed upload then it gave into my persistance and i got 100% succesfull upload. I signed in to my existing account as thats what the warning in the dji go4 app has been warning.
NOW. The gimabal doesnt respond, My camera stream is black and hieghts restrictions are ON. The gimbal calibration doesnt move either nothing from the camera Soo frustrating!!! Ive emailed DJI with my rant awaiting response.
Im in AUSTRALIA and am wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issues??
Have they completed the download with any limitations like mine??
Yikes.

That's about as bad as it gets. Sorry about your woes.

I've never had any issues with firmware upgrades, but given your situation I'd be inclined to believe it is the incomplete upgrade that is the issue here. Man, I'm taking this thing all over Greece in a few weeks and having an issue such as yours would be incredibly frustrating.

Let us know how this works out for you.

Reactions: TEKNO
Im slightly relieved to see others are not having issues because for a moment AUSTRALIA may have been subject to no camera functions due to some new law or some thing. That was my biggest fear.
But seems to be just my technical issues. I will be trying each day to refresh or downgrade the firmware see how that goes. Have a feeling some thing gave up internally due to the update. Just my guess though. Ive seen some one with a phantom 4 i think run into the same kinda problem turns out his gimbal camera was replaced. But who knows??
Thanks for any replies.View attachment 13867

Last edited:
Delete your App completely, restart your iPad and download fresh App from the store.
Connect and start in this order
RC (without IPad connected)
Mavic
Then boot up IPad (without connecting to RC)
When booted plug into RC and start App
Also I found I needed to just reset Gimbal upward movement as it had reset to just look ahead and down.
Not saying this will work but has a good chance.

My app at first didn't connect straight away.
I had a black screen but had the google map showing and the disconnection showing at the top.
Simple matter to just unplug and replug IPad.
Everything else has gone good.

Reactions: TEKNO
Hi guys, in Oz as well on the Gold Coast, and have found the latest firmware and app very good. Until today not an issue that I've noticed or found (one gimbal twitch in fixed wing mode). Real issue is I did try wifi mode but no luck. Flashes up "Ready to go GPS" then "Signal Lost". Camera works, gimbal control everything there, but no flying. While I've connected wifi before, this was my first attempt to fly. Any ideas?

Hi guys, in Oz as well on the Gold Coast, and have found the latest firmware and app very good. Until today not an issue that I've noticed or found (one gimbal twitch in fixed wing mode). Real issue is I did try wifi mode but no luck. Flashes up "Ready to go GPS" then "Signal Lost". Camera works, gimbal control everything there, but no flying. While I've connected wifi before, this was my first attempt to fly. Any ideas?

Screen shot:
ace0985ee0a3c755500bbc8367c7f36d.jpg

Update:
Whilst I haven't flown, mavic connects with Hangar 360 and Drone Pan no problem. Go back to Go4 and connection lost...
Must be an issue with the latest Go4 on iOS.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje