DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Auto Discharge issue

droneguy91

Reactions
Running a Mavic Pro with the latest firmware installed. I have all 3 of my batteries set to auto-discharge after 4 days, and I cannot get them to drain.

I have however, hit the power button once to verify whether it is draining or not. I am not sure if that is causing the timer to reset but I can't think that it would reset just off one press. I can see it resetting if you turn the actual battery ON, but I could be wrong.

Can anyone clarify?

With that setting in place, your batteries will start to auto discharge after 4 days have passed. It'll take an additional 2-3 days for them to discharge down to the storage level. Wait 7 days to check them again and you should find they have discharged.

Really it's 4 days after the last time the button was pressed.

And yes pressing the button just once will reset the countdown. So if you press it at 3 days 23 hours after the last use/button press it will wait another 4 days before discharging. And like msinger said it takes 2-3 days to discharge. That can be verified by the warmth of the battery while it's discharging.

A question I do have is say you press the button during the 2-3 day period it is discharging. It worked it's way down from 100% to 75%. If you pressed the button to check, would it be an additional 4 day timer until it continues with the discharge?

Seems to me it would given how the logic circuit probably works.

say you press the button during the 2-3 day period it is discharging. It worked it's way down from 100% to 75%. If you pressed the button to check, would it be an additional 4 day timer until it continues with the discharge?
Yes.

Mine are set to 10 days. Haven't flown in 5 weeks and they're still 50%. I'm not awake at night about this

Mine are set to 10 days. Haven't flown in 5 weeks and they're still 50%.
Good deal. That's shows the auto discharge process worked :)

Reactions: Oyibo VFX
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair