DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autopilot app beta testing 3.9.136 - is anyone here a beta tester?

BrooklynFlyer

Reactions
Has anyone done any beta testing with Autopilot?

It seems a tiny bit dicey in my imagination, but I guess it should be safe.

I'm a beta tester, have been since back in the day when you had to load beta firmware on the P3 Pro. Compared with nowadays that was dicey, beta firmware, beta app. Apart from an incident where I got my P3 Pro stuck in a 100 foot hover and couldn't move it I have never had any problems and that issue was more user error than application.

Both the SDK and the app itself are mature these days so it is not that scary.

Are you considering beta testing?

Reactions: BrooklynFlyer
I'm a beta tester, have been since back in the day when you had to load beta firmware on the P3 Pro. Compared with nowadays that was dicey, beta firmware, beta app. Apart from an incident where I got my P3 Pro stuck in a 100 foot hover and couldn't move it I have never had any problems and that issue was more user error than application.

Both the SDK and the app itself are mature these days so it is not that scary.

Are you considering beta testing?
I am. I am not actually that concerned about the beta version of the app anymore than the regular version.

It is all still a bit new to me and still requires quite a lot of faith in the technology (as well as the operator) but so far, so good.

Thank you for your post

Its a daunting app I must admit.

My advice to anyone using the app for the first time is to start slow, don't do a 50 point waypoint mission on your first outing but try a zip line and keep the altitude above any obstacles regardless of whether you are near them or not and keep A and B within a reasonable distance.

Reactions: BrooklynFlyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ