DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AutoPilot crashes over and over

giluriel

Reactions
Hi,
I'm taking one step back from my previous post (Autopilot issues.. please contribute) in order to solve this issue.

When I'm using Hangar's Autopilot (Auto flight logic) it is mostly for waypoint missions flown in joystick mode. the
camera is also in Joystick mode. -So I have a predefined route in which i can only fly forward or backward and point the camera to wherever I want.

Repeatedly, I'm planning the mission, engaging it, performing it once in patrol mode and then switching to joystick.
It flies once (basically, I can reach the start point) and the app crashes.
happens every time.

iPad mini 4 with cellular sim & Mavic pro. both (and the controller) are updated to the latest ver available (mavic .600)

Any idea why the crash takes place each time?

Thanks,
Gil

Last edited:
My experience with the latest firmware, iOS 10.3.2 Autopilot 4.0 hangs as soon as the Mavic connects to the RC. I have had no problems before the Mavic firmware upgrade. Anybody else have the same experience?

... Anybody else have the same experience?
Yes, i am having the same issue. I issued a ticket at Hangar already. No response so far.

... with the latest firmware, iOS 10.3.2 Autopilot 4.0 hangs as soon as the Mavic connects to the RC.
With earlier firmware versions, Autopilot was quite stable. It crashed now and then. But with fw .800 the GUI freezes as soon as Mavic connects to the RC. Turning Mavic off, GUI becomes responsive and works as usual.

Reactions: CodeCutter
Their website says:
We recently discovered an issue that may cause Autopilot to become unresponsive when first connecting to an aircraft. The root cause of this issue has not been identified, but it appears to be related to the recent firmware updates.
Last Update: Jun 10, 2017 3:22:58 PM UTC

Reactions: CodeCutter
I found before upgrading the firmware to .800 if you use the new DJI beta interface it crashed all the time. If you haven't upgraded to the latest firmware make sure you are in the classic interface

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka