DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autopilot - Sports mode question

cirrusly

Reactions
Flying in both Cruise and Orbit modes (and possibly others - didn't try) if I switch to Sports mode to interrupt the app the Mavic Pro just hovers in place and neither joystick has any effect until I switch back into P mode and cancel whatever mode I'm in.

I thought that switching to S mode was supposed to immediately interrupt the program and give complete control back to the RC. Obviously this isn't the case. Is this behavior normal? Does it work this way in all of the Autopilot modes?

I am running the latest firmware on both the Mavic and RC, the latest Autopilot version and the latest iOS update on my iPad Mini4.

Thanks.

That happens to me to. I can yaw but not gain altitude. It's strange, like I'm stuck in tripod mode.

I've had so many problems already with Autopilot to be honest. Less than impressed.

Reactions: JoKhool
Hey guys I've had autopilot for a while and I don't have this issue. If I switch to sport mode I get full control of the mavic.

Maybe the (RC flight mode changed) setting is wrong? Mine is set to Override flight and gimbal control.

RC Flight Mode Changed

The action Autopilot will take when the Remote Control Flight Mode changes. Overriding Flight and/or Gimbal Control only applies in Computer and Combined Flight Control Modes.

Hey guys I've had autopilot for a while and I don't have this issue. If I switch to sport mode I get full control of the mavic.

Maybe the (RC flight mode changed) setting is wrong? Mine is set to Override flight and gimbal control.

RC Flight Mode Changed

The action Autopilot will take when the Remote Control Flight Mode changes. Overriding Flight and/or Gimbal Control only applies in Computer and Combined Flight Control Modes.
Mine is set to Override Flight and Gimbal Control as well. Are you running the very latest aircraft and controller updates? I have a sneaky suspicion this is directly related to a an API problem in the latest BIOS update.

After extensive testing today, I can confirm the following behavior. I'm running Autopilot 4.1, and my Mavic and controller are both running the latest firmware 1.03.09. I also have an iPad Mini 4 running the latest iOS.

In Autopilot's General Settings - Flight Director Section - RC Flight Mode Changed, if you have either of the first two options (Override Flight and Gimbal Control or Override Flight Control) selected and you go from P mode to S mode with a Mavic in ANY of the automated modes, the aircraft will stop and hover and both joysticks will be totally unresponsive. The only way to regain control is to go back into P mode and disengage Autopilot. You could probably shut it down completely and that would work as well but I didn't try that.

If you select the third option (Disengage) selecting the S mode will disengage Autopilot and you'll have full control of your aircraft. Obviously that's what we need to have selected until this issue is resolved.

After extensive testing today, I can confirm the following behavior. I'm running Autopilot 4.1, and my Mavic and controller are both running the latest firmware 1.03.09. I also have an iPad Mini 4 running the latest iOS.

In Autopilot's General Settings - Flight Director Section - RC Flight Mode Changed, if you have either of the first two options (Override Flight and Gimbal Control or Override Flight Control) selected and you go from P mode to S mode with a Mavic in ANY of the automated modes, the aircraft will stop and hover and both joysticks will be totally unresponsive. The only way to regain control is to go back into P mode and disengage Autopilot. You could probably shut it down completely and that would work as well but I didn't try that.

If you select the third option (Disengage) selecting the S mode will disengage Autopilot and you'll have full control of your aircraft. Obviously that's what we need to have selected until this issue is resolved.

Thanks for the info. I always like to hold off on the DJI Firmware updates for a few weeks as they always seem to introduce new problems with the third party apps. I wish they worked more closely with each other to debug before the release.

RC Flight Mode Changed

What version of the RC and Mavic software are you running? I'm running the latest 1.03.09 and I verified this problem today without any doubt. I'm pretty sure if you upgrade to the current version you'll have the same issue. Let me know!

Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus