DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Awaiting my Mavic

Joydiv1

Reactions
Hi all,
I'm UK based, in Kent.
Have just placed a Mavic on order with Jessops no idea when it will arrive. Thought I would do some homework in the meantime.
Into my DSLR photography, but never owned or flown a drone before.
Couldn't resist the Mavic once I saw it. Looking forward to a new adventures.
All advice gratefully received. Especially regarding UK flying etc.
Thanks
J

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum J. :)

Good luck, it'll take a while to arrive with it being the Chinese New Year, and an apparent backlog of orders. You'll be amazed, a whole new perspective will open up for you. Don't expect DSLR quality, but it's good enough for most purposes (and startlingly good considering it's size). Have a look on the CAA website for the rules, read and understand the manual, and take it carefully to start.

Reactions: Soundtekk
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Ordered mine January 13 direct from DJI. Promised to ship a little sooner than it did but it is only 3 days from arriving. Keeping track of the FEDEX shipment with tracking number. Lots of amazing resources on this site as well as YouTube. Like you, I've been studying, even though I have some experience, the videos on the settings are helping to prepare.

Had my Mavic a month now. Got it from Maplins and also in Kent. It's so much fun and great to see another Kent user (to be). Best K

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I received notice of shipment this morning as well. Fedex'd from China. Expected delivery Feb 9th.
Can't wait!! I am somewhat experienced flying cheap drones and have built a couple of larger drones with fpv camera range of about 1000'. My question to y'all is....
"What can I read/study in order to be better prepared for flying Mavic?"
I imagine I'll need apps/software. Suggestions? I have an iPad mini and iPhone 7. Which should I use to fly FPV? (have to save for some goggles).
My home is at 6500' elevations.... Suggestions for dealing with altitude?

Hello all,
I am from London...and I am still waiting my mavic as many of you as well.

I called Jessops today and as usual no much information to share, but after a couple of minutes talking nicely with the jessops lady over the phone, she told me they are receiving Fly More combos quickly, and they are already delivering orders from December, though she did not specify early or late December.
I ordered fly more + extra battery + 0% finance on the 21st of January...so far I will continue waiting I have no hurry, I guess that I might be receiving it before summer (crossing fingers).
Unfortunately she did not tell me how many drones they are receiving per month...sometimes 10 per week, sometimes 30...it is varying.

Anyone has any more info to share?
Anyone who bought in December and received it?

Cheers

Eventually gave up on Jessops as they have no idea of delivery dates. Cancelled order, ordered with Maplins on line as they were showing stock. Arrived 4 days later.
First flight yesterday. Love it!
Now to find some flying sites in Kent.

Hello all,
I am from London...and I am still waiting my mavic as many of you as well.

I called Jessops today and as usual no much information to share, but after a couple of minutes talking nicely with the jessops lady over the phone, she told me they are receiving Fly More combos quickly, and they are already delivering orders from December, though she did not specify early or late December.
I ordered fly more + extra battery + 0% finance on the 21st of January...so far I will continue waiting I have no hurry, I guess that I might be receiving it before summer (crossing fingers).
Unfortunately she did not tell me how many drones they are receiving per month...sometimes 10 per week, sometimes 30...it is varying.

Anyone has any more info to share?
Anyone who bought in December and received it?

Cheers

Bought mine from the US, Drones for Less. Delivered within 3 days on UPS. Couldn't fault either the service or the support on the phone.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada