DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Awesome! And quick question.

mjmcoh

Reactions
Couldn't be happier the mavic. I always sit and wonder if we have this now... what's coming out next year. OK question time. My daughter rides her horses in a pasture directly under a large transmission power line. Id love to film her from the air but have always heard its a no no around power lines and some have said they have no problems in those areas. Any advice?

Couldn't be happier the mavic. I always sit and wonder if we have this now... what's coming out next year. OK question time. My daughter rides her horses in a pasture directly under a large transmission power line. Id love to film her from the air but have always heard its a no no around power lines and some have said they have no problems in those areas. Any advice?

Try some test flights, with an abundance of caution to see how it goes.

I personally own the mavic and atleast 3 times a day I film my girlfriend (who owns a horse business) for her sale ads and just for my fun but haven't yet tried it with my mavic.... but I do fly a dji phantom 3 professional for my daily job and everyday I cross high voltage lines and high mast lights.... I have had 2 disconnects but both were while flying inbetween two cables (not advised)! But other than that, I haven't had any issues but as previously stated... Fly with extreme caution and test the limits of your bird, if anything but perfect occurs abort and abandon. Fly safe and cheers!

Reactions: mjmcoh
I have some high transmission power lines where I fly and they haven't given me any problems. I don't get too close to them, but I fly over them all the time.

Personally if you are within 2 to 300 meters of your Mavic and dont fly closer than 5 meters the actual lines you will be fine.
Its when you are kilometers away and fly close or between the lines that problems occur. But being within a few hundred meters of your Mavic your signal is stronger than the magnetic field produced by the high tension lines provided you dont fly between them. But fly under 10 to 15 meters above ground is well below the high tension lines and should not be a problem.

Sent from my SM-G900I using MavicPilots mobile app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest