DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Awesome! (uuuurp) Return.

8BitMavics

Reactions
What a great concept! The goggles work well and have the "new car smell". Unfortunately after 20 minutes of use, I was ready to hurl. I'm mildly sensitive to motion sickness and while the flight experience is awesome, I could barely contain the excitement... if you know what I mean. Unsure if I'll keep it or just pop a Gravol before play... will see.

Luckily it's BestBuy so return is easier than B&H (from Canada).

Reactions: Former Member
I've read that if you practice a little bit each night your brain will get to the point of not getting nauseous. Some people never get there. I'm going to try my hardest to get there. Play flights through my desktop vie hdmi and see if I can get through it. I can do a roller coaster fine but then put me on something like a marry go round and I'm sick 1/2 way around the first turn. I did just get prescription eye glasses single vision
at 11" focal point. Took care of the immediate nausea. Thought I'd do test right before bedtime so I can sleep it off [emoji42]

Reactions: sacballa
My motion sickness weakness is sea sickness!
I can take about 3 hours on a 30ft boat and then I am hurling non stop. It even happened to me when I was on a 70ft yacht which was docked. I was helping a friend install a satellite system for the owner. The guys laughed at me for the rest of the day. :D

Rob

What a great concept! The goggles work well and have the "new car smell". Unfortunately after 20 minutes of use, I was ready to hurl. I'm mildly sensitive to motion sickness and while the flight experience is awesome, I could barely contain the excitement... if you know what I mean. Unsure if I'll keep it or just pop a Gravol before play... will see.

Luckily it's BestBuy so return is easier than B&H (from Canada).
This is fairly common...I had the same feeling when I started flying FPV on my racing quads, you'll get over it after a few battery packs.

Reactions: Clinton1
Yep not going very well. I'm going to return it tomorrow. I've ordered a PS4 Pro, and PSVR instead. Yeah, not the same but funds go someplace. :)

Yep not going very well. I'm going to return it tomorrow. I've ordered a PS4 Pro, and PSVR instead. Yeah, not the same but funds go someplace. :)
I'd be aware that the PSVR will likely cause some motion sickness as well. You'll have to just "gravol " through it.
I didn't have the strongest stomach for FPV, but now I have no problems. Same with when VR became available. (vive/rift) even though they are all sort of the same, they seem to need a bit of time to train your brain to stop getting all woozy!

It should get better after a bit of use, need to give it a couple of hours in small sessions.

If you can't get used to it PS VR is not exactly what you'd want next, since it will probably be 10x worse :)

My motion sickness weakness is sea sickness!
I can take about 3 hours on a 30ft boat and then I am hurling non stop. It even happened to me when I was on a 70ft yacht which was docked. I was helping a friend install a satellite system for the owner. The guys laughed at me for the rest of the day. :D

Rob
How are your goggles working for you if you get motion sickness? Are out trying to fly a bit every day?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy