Join Us Now

B4U fly Measles

Good places to fly in San Diego?

• Everywhere

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nowhere

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
You can notify some of those towers if you plan to fly nearby and then if they allow it (usually they do) you can fly while observing the FAA Rules and Reg's

Reactions: dpolanco
B4U Fly really only shows airports, heliports and TFR's (temporary flight restrictions), I found that my city has more restrictions that are a lot more limiting than airports but they wont show up on the app. I agree with BD0G, you can probably get clearance, especially since these are heliports and probably less busy but make sure you check local laws as well.

Reactions: dpolanco
I wrote 2 letter to the nearby Hospital Heliports in the area I fly most often. Both directed to the Manager of Flight Operations . I received a call back from one of the 2 hospitals from the Director of Security and Flight Operations. Called him back and left a message with one of his subordinates. The guy told me that they just wanted a quick way to let me know there was an inbound or outbound Care Flight Helicopter being flow.

I said , "Text Me " and I will land and not fly. Dude said OK and that was it.

They really did not seem like it was any big deal.

I have a pre-prepared letter here
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46175410/Heliport_FAANotification_Draft.rtf

that you can download and modify to fit your needs.

Reactions: HollWaz
You can notify some of those towers if you plan to fly nearby and then if they allow it (usually they do) you can fly while observing the FAA Rules and Reg's

BD0G...yeah, I make calls when I'm gonna fly, it's just so funny how I pretty much can't move without being in one heliport or airport near me. :)

iHomz

B4U Fly really only shows airports, heliports and TFR's (temporary flight restrictions), I found that my city has more restrictions that are a lot more limiting than airports but they wont show up on the app. I agree with BD0G, you can probably get clearance, especially since these are heliports and probably less busy but make sure you check local laws as well.

Agree. Thanks

iHomz

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio