DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Backcountry Skiing Vid

You've learned how to make a fantastic video already! Congrats!

...sent while not using phone to fly.

Cool man did you use the tracking modes at all in the beginning?

Its a bummer you have to go back country to ski with your drone. The ski resorts here in oregon all prohibit drones and confiscate them. Sux

Its a bummer you have to go back country to ski with your drone. The ski resorts here in oregon all prohibit drones and confiscate them. Sux
Yes, I tried ActiveTrack at the beginning but it lost him pretty quickly and went into a hover. I then took control and chased after him trying to get him back in the frame. Lol. Next time I will try not being so close and see I what happens. I plan on trying Spotlight also and just controlling the MP while it tries to focus on the subject.

As much as I would love to use my drone at ski resorts I agree with the ban. There is already too many idiots skiing like fools for gopro footage never mind drone footage never mind you'd see people buzzing it by the chair lifts. I can just see how it would get out of hand. I too back country and have thought of using my Mavic numerous times. My only issue is I'm the only one who knows how to fly it! So all the footage would be of not me haha

As much as I would love to use my drone at ski resorts I agree with the ban. There is already too many idiots skiing like fools for gopro footage never mind drone footage never mind you'd see people buzzing it by the chair lifts. I can just see how it would get out of hand. I too back country and have thought of using my Mavic numerous times. My only issue is I'm the only one who knows how to fly it! So all the footage would be of not me haha
I agree, drones at a ski resort is just a bad idea. But I never ski the resorts anyway, too many people and not enough powder. :)

Reactions: Prop_Nut
I agree, drones at a ski resort is just a bad idea. But I never ski the resorts anyway, too many people and not enough powder. :)

Powder? Whats that? j/k haha here in NH we have gotten very use to skiing dirt, rock, ice, and crust. Every year I make a trip out west and am floored by how lucky you guys are to ski such nice terrain! Keep the videos coming!

Reactions: Prop_Nut
Awesome video! Curious what settings were used to shoot this video? Once I get my MP I'm also looking to getting some shots in CO.
Thanks all! These are the settings I used.
2.7k at 30fps
Color: D-Cinelike
White Balance: Sunny
Style: Custom (-1,-1,-1)
16ND Filter
Manually Set at 100 iso and adjusted speed while looking at histogram to get proper exposure.
Slight Color correction done in post using Final Cut Pro X

Reactions: MavicPro5280
Thanks all! These are the settings I used.
2.7k at 30fps
Color: D-Cinelike
White Balance: Sunny
Style: Custom (-1,-1,-1)
16ND Filter
Manually Set at 100 iso and adjusted speed while looking at histogram to get proper exposure.
Slight Color correction done in post using Final Cut Pro X
Which 16ND filter did you buy?

Sweet, great work. Out of interest, what temperatures were you flying in and how does your smartphone bear up in the cold? I was in the Canadian backcountry a couple of weeks ago (without Mavic) where it was -30celcius - I'm guessing it's not gonna fly in that temp

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erroos