DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bad Props

kemans

Reactions
Just a heads up. Ordered props last week from Amazon (not DJI) see phot below. Installed them today and they seemed to work fine for the first 5 minutes then all hell broke loose, including the props. The blades flew off the locking portion causing the drone to flip upside down and crash through the trees. Now I have a gimbal obstruction error. Not sure why gimbal seems to be fine but nothing is moving.
Any ideas would be helpful.
See photos for more info but I would suggest not getting these props.
c7a1d14f7d21e6ff493bf030acf0be3c.jpg
6ece97f98feb8742381297c5b446df77.jpg
912dff74961e077d9025e1949fb45010.jpg

Reactions: kika
Are they OEM DJI props? There's a 3rd party brand that looks close to DJI's props.

i would be really surprised if they were DJI props, maybe the Chinese faking the Chinese props mmm. that is one problem with new things in short supply, someone is always willing to knock up what seems to be the real thing only to find out the hard way that they are junk. If they are DJi then get straight onto DJI direct but myself i would send them to DJI anyway. if they are a fake maybe they can get something done with Amazon. i knlw i dont always stick to the rules but i would hate to think of the drone fraternity being hit hard coz a drone using fake parts drops out the sky.

Only thing i can think off other than that is a DJI manufacturing problem which means they also need to know about it.

i do remember someone posting a good tip in their pre flight check about seeing if you can gently pull the props off when locked in without the downward pressure. (one of the experienced guys on here).

hope u get the rest sorted, Its something we all might come across in our eagerness to get supplies. I know most places selling the Mavic here don't have the spares we all want. Hence looking at places like Amazon and Ebay. I was lucky that a friend had a DJI dealer nearby that had stock and they were flying over so picked me up 4 sets.

Could you not have got them fro DJI website or is the waiting list that long? i have not ordered from the site yet.

You have been enlightened. Hopefully you have DJI refresh if youre getting a gimbal overload message after a crash. Could be one of your gimbal motors has seized up or cables torn.

4 things I never order aftermarket for my drones. Ribbon cables, props, batteries and motors.

The exception to the above is Fstop Labs who make an aftermarket gimbal ribbon for the Mavic and Phantom series that works.

I had similar issue. Camera would work but gimbal would not move. Gimbal obstruction. Sent it in. Wanted $314 to fix or take one of my extra lives from refresh. I now have one mistake left.

Xmipbs is not dji, so you bought some cheap crap.
You you saved at the wrong end.

Sorry bud [emoji58]

Sorry you had this experience kemans, but it is experience none the less.
I look at props the same way I look at tyres. They're the only thing between you and the road (or air) thus I always buy the best I can afford. And since the DJI props are pocket change I see no reason to even consider buying after market when there is no benefit.
I give the props on my aircraft a good visual before each and every flight. This includes a gentle twist to ensure they are intact. I removed them the other day to visually check the wee locking lugs too. Remember, your Mavic is only staying up in the air so long as every one of those lugs remains intact.
On my larger craft with 15 inch carbon props, I also flex them gently to "feel" for rigidity. You can also hear very soft indications of failure on large carbon props during this flexing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa