DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bad quality photos

Beyond One

Reactions
Hi everyone,
My photo quality is not turning out well. When I take a video, upload it, and screen shot it, it is significantly better than a picture I take. Is this normal?

Im shooting Auto, 16.9, RAW, and uploading it from the SD card.

Thanks

You want to shoot in 4:3 to use the full sensor on the camera. What about the photos isn't turning out well? RAW photo's will always look more "flat" than a JPEG or processed video screenshot. RAW is designed to capture the most information possible from the sensor, which you then edit in post using a program like Lightroom.

Okay, I will start using 4:3, thanks.

As for editing, I am new to this. What needs to be done to make it look good? I've been using photoshop, basically just playing around with white balance, exposure, and then saving it as jpeg. Still looks like crap. I will try to figure out how to post one here.

Your best bet would be looking up how to edit RAW files on youtube or google. It's quite an art form, but not overly complex. Lightroom is FAR superior to Photoshop for editing RAW files, you will be able to tweak them a lot more and really get the most out of them.

Reactions: Robbyg
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest