DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bad usb-c cable

Dayyy021

Reactions
Ever since I got my mavic last week I've had nothing but issues. I use a note7 and it just wasn't working, constantly disconnecting, crashing the app and even caused a crash. I deleted and reinstalled both go and go4, tried with only 1 installed at a time even.
Found that my note4 worked great but didnt want to carry 2 phones every time I go to fly, ruins the point of the compact RC.
So finally I tried the micro usb cable with an adapter to usb-c with my note7 and all problems solved. Using go4.
Determined that my MP was shipped with a bad USB-C cable.
It it sucky using the adapter with such a short cable however, equally as annoying as using a long cable out the bottom.
Anyone else using USB-C?

Yeah I use the short C cable and haven't had any issues with it. Are you using Go 4?

Yes, the connection just goes in and out with the short usb-c cable. Thought it was lack of note7 support at first. But it works with the adapter

Last edited:
If it actually blew up and caught fire do you think he would be using currently? I'm pretty sure he's in the 99% that has no problem with his phone.
No, of course not. But if I had a chance to get a refund on a known defective design and buy something else, I wouldn't be waiting for the phone to give me a problem. It would be returned. Every time I fly on a plane they announce if you have a Note 7, you can't turn it on in the plane. For me that would be a problem worth returning to Samsung.

I use to love Samsung, I had a Galaxy 3 and 5, but when they stopped providing the ability to replace the battery, I moved to the LG-G5. Great phone.

Forgot can't turn it on, from what I've heard it's a federal crime to bring one on board

I'm a rebel lol, it's an amazing phone, and the phones are all being bought back, I'm thinking a re-release. Coming from an s3 and s5 you wouldn't understand as I've used the s3 note note2 note4 and note7.
I just switch to my 4 for flights

But as for mavic flights, I now have to use this micro to usb-c adapter sticking into my hand. Wonder how long it would take for dji to send a replacement

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett