DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bad video

plrogers1126

Reactions
I know I'm doing it wrong but not sure how to correct. When I'm recording while flying when around half the screen is showing the sky the camera exposes for the sky and the ground is very dark. If I point the camera down a little the camera exposes for the ground and the sky is blown out. I'm not trying for professional quality videos but the switching back and forth looks terrible. Is there a simple solution for what I'm doing wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I know I'm doing it wrong but not sure how to correct. When I'm recording while flying when around half the screen is showing the sky the camera exposes for the sky and the ground is very dark. If I point the camera down a little the camera exposes for the ground and the sky is blown out. I'm not trying for professional quality videos but the switching back and forth looks terrible. Is there a simple solution for what I'm doing wrong?

Yes. You need ND filters.

How would that help? I'm trying to figure out how to keep the exposure from switching from sky to ground constantly during one flight. Whichever one or chooses I can adjust for but it keeps switching back and forth.

How would that help? I'm trying to figure out how to keep the exposure from switching from sky to ground constantly during one flight. Whichever one or chooses I can adjust for but it keeps switching back and forth.

Oh then you need to switch the camera settings to manual. You can control ISO, shutter speed and other fun stuff there.