DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Batteries need updates?

Phoog

Reactions
I read yesterday that each battery needed to be in the drone to get the update. I did one battery as I updated the Mavic and controller. When finished, I put the next battery in the Mavic but did not get a prompt to update and the status said latest firmware installed. I just got my third battery in the mail today. Does it need to update and will it prompt me to do so?

Sent from my SM-G928T using MavicPilots mobile app

If a battery needs to be updated, you'll see a firmware update prompt before entering the camera view. See this video for an example.

Thanks. I thought so but questioned it when I flew today with that 2nd battery and had Obstacle warning at 150 feet and nothing around. Turned it around and flew 1000 feet and it happened again. Turned around and flew it back to me and it happened again. So I brought it in and parked it.

Update on the situation: Took the Mavic out to some open desert here in Arizona. A battery that I flew with the night before and said nothing about needing an update now said I needed an update. Out in open desert I updated the battery and flew 4000 ft out with no issues. So fun.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost