DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery and Battery Hub

Murderer

Reactions
Got some batteries in from Newegg a couple days ago, went to put them on the charging hub and noticed one of them wasn't charging when attached to the hub but will charge if connected to the charger as a single battery. Has anyone had a similar problem? Did I miss something here?

Battery firmware? I'm not following you. The MP and Controller are up to date.

That's exactly what I was looking for. Whew! at least it's not a defective battery, just a defective user. Got 2 batteries in and got excited to charge them at the same time, lol.

I read somewhere where they said to attach batteries to hub first...then plug in the charger. In other words, maybe there is a sequence we have to follow. I'm not sure because I just got my hub recently but haven't flown enough to use it yet.

Reactions: bwall525
Charging is pretty quick, the hub makes it easy. It does only charge one battery at a time so not to worry. I think there are a lot of people out there who make the same assumption and start to panic when there is only one battery showing as charging....

Does it void the warranty if the battery develops issues?
DJI will not honor their warranty if you damage a battery with a 3rd party battery charger. With that said, I rarely see people mentioning DJI battery issues that were caused by using a 3rd party battery charger. This battery charger is fairly new, but many Phantom owners have had good success with similar battery chargers manufactured by the same company.

Reactions: witnessthefunk
So If I have 3 batteries on at once only one charges at a time? That seems odd

One note on that is that the hub charger only uses I believe 2amps to charge, however the car charger is 6amps so you can charge the batteries faster in the car or from a 10 amp 12 volt table top setup!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

The mulit-charger does have firmware update capabilities, Read the download to see how to connect it.

The mulit-charger does have firmware update capabilities
True, but DJI has not released an update for it yet.

Hi

DJI has just released the mavic advanced charging hub. This is said to be compatible with the phantom 4 charger. The below are the theoretical charge times that DJI has released with it.

(Four Batteries): 4 hrs 10 mins (Mavic Charger); 3 hrs 15 mins (Mavic Car Charger); 2 hrs 30 mins (Phantom 4 Charger / Car Charger)

What I want to know is if someone has both phantom chargers whether it be the normal or car charger, paired it to charge the mavic batteries, would you achieve the phantom 4 charger theoretical rate of charge.

What I dont know is whether the theoretical values released above for the phantoms are only for phantoms.

If someone has both and could give it a go that would be great as a almost 2 hour drop in charge time would be great on road trips or being on the go.

I ordered the advance hub last week Friday, but not sure when it will be here. I've already emailed DJI, but we all know how that goes.

Have you read through here to find your answer: Advanced charging hub

I ordered the advance hub last week Friday, but not sure when it will be here. I've already emailed DJI, but we all know how that goes.

Have you read through here to find your answer: Advanced charging hub
Yes I have but couldn't find the answer and I just got my email for the new advanced hub so didn't think anyone had tried it yet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e