DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery authentication issue

Karim

Reactions
Hi,

I have the fly more combo pack and 1 of my batteries fails the authentication process and the DJI app won't let me take off. "Battery Authentication Failed"
This first happened when i charged 1 battery directly with the charger and not the hub. Now when i try and use it, it won't let me fly with it even though i have charged it again with the charging hub.

The other 2 batteries work fine without issues.

I have not drained it completely and charged it again but let it go down to 50% and charged again. I should of taken a screenshot but i am not with the drone now.

Or should i raise a DJI ticket and send back through warranty?

Going to a farm this weekend (Long weekend in Australia) in Kangaroo Valley. At least my drone works and i have 2 working batteries. cannot wait to get some great footage

Reactions: flipf
Yes the long weekend it will be nice. Kangaroo Valley a nice part of the world, me & my girl ride our motorcycles through there on weekends. Also the weather is cooler now it is Winter the best time of year to me I don't like the Australian hot humid summer weather. Enjoy your weekend

Reactions: Karim

That's what I would so if I lived in Australia, Melbourne has faster turnaround times than most other service centers. You might have it back in a week or 2 vs. 6 weeks here in the USA.

I was hoping there was something i could try to fix it (not sure what) instead of sending back. Guess i'll log a ticket tomorrow or tonight.

I was hoping there was something i could try to fix it (not sure what) instead of sending back. Guess i'll log a ticket tomorrow or tonight.

It sounds like you have exhausted all the remedies available for self-repair. Batteries, motors, and props are 3 things I don't mess around with.

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
Battery
Hi,

I have the fly more combo pack and 1 of my batteries fails the authentication process and the DJI app won't let me take off. "Battery Authentication Failed"
This first happened when i charged 1 battery directly with the charger and not the hub. Now when i try and use it, it won't let me fly with it even though i have charged it again with the charging hub.

The other 2 batteries work fine without issues.

I have not drained it completely and charged it again but let it go down to 50% and charged again. I should of taken a screenshot but i am not with the drone now.

Going to a farm this weekend (Long weekend in Australia) in Kangaroo Valley. At least my drone works and i have 2 working batteries. cannot wait to get some great footage
You do have one more option .... I'm not sure what FW your system is on However you can try a FW refresh with the Battery in the AC
Being with the ongoing debates with the latest FW you can try this at your own risk (meaning you don't want to update)
If your FW is version .700 you should have no problems doing this
There's a very good chance this will solve your Battery issue

Last edited:
i have same problem updated yesterday to 800 firmware now this problem dji is crap
I had the same issues with 2 batteries I purchased yesterday. I also have updated the Mavic system to 800 firmware. Here is my fix. I installed the latest version of DJI assistant on my PC. I put the battery in the Mavic. I connected the Mavic to my PC using the supplied USB x Micro USB cord. I opened the DJI assistant APP on the computer and turned on the Mavic with the normal double click (No controller needed). After a few seconds the DJI assistant APP found the attached Mavic and indicated a firmware conflict (Battery). Follow instructions on screen to confirm battery firmware update and it will happen. You will notice the same little movements of all the Mavic parts and 2 green center battery lights may light up. It will take a minute or so for the battery firmware to update and DJI assistant will indicate if update was successful. Sometimes the APP will ask you to turn off Mavic and restart Mavic to make sure it was a successful update.
If you have more new batteries repeat the same process for each battery that gave you an error message Thumbswayup.
If all OK go fly ;).

Reactions: harryb
Tried your fix dint work so i notified dji filled out there online form included video showing fault they issued me with a return label, sent them back awaiting fixed/repired/new one

Tried your fix dint work so i notified dji filled out there online form included video showing fault they issued me with a return label, sent them back awaiting fixed/repired/new one
If possible turn on controller with Ipad or smart phone connected. Turn on your Mavic. Open the DJI Go 4 APP on the screen. Find and click on the battery info. It should show you if the battery is good or not along with the info on each cell. Each of the 3 cells should read very close having even voltages. I think the update was only to reprogram the charging software in the batteries circuit board as the wall rats only supply the needed voltage & current while the battery circuit board control how the cells receive their charge :). If bad return to DJI.

If possible turn on controller with Ipad or smart phone connected. Turn on your Mavic. Open the DJI Go 4 APP on the screen. Find and click on the battery info. It should show you if the battery is good or not along with the info on each cell. Each of the 3 cells should read very close having even voltages. I think the update was only to reprogram the charging software in the batteries circuit board as the wall rats only supply the needed voltage & current while the battery circuit board control how the cells receive their charge :). If bad return to DJI.

if the above was meant for me you obviously dint read my post I HAVE SENT IT BACK
problem SOLVED

Had a firmware update yesterday and it went well. I then put each battery in the mavic and they all worked fine. Is there anything else I may have to do ?

All above post are 5 years or older, in present day (7/26/23) I'm having the same issue. Battery Authentication Failed, & when I go to refresh firmware, that too fails. I have 3 batteries, one good, one battery error due to one low cell, and one Authentication failure. Granted these batteries are over 4 years old, but why can't I get Authentication issue solved, btw, I'm still in my Mavic Pro, & I won't give it up. Refresh firmware works fine when I use my only good battery. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Reactions: becomingStillness
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters