DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery bricked after .800 firmware failure

mamayda

Reactions
The .800 update finally completed and flight tests with Go4 and Litchi are fine so far, but after an initial update failure, I now have one bricked battery. It has the two center leds on for 15 seconds, off for one and back on again. It does not respond to usual power button presses. Tried longer presses, no change. Hooked to charger, no change and charger never got warm after 15 minutes. Interesting, but frustrating. Any ideas? Other two batteries are fine with new firmware and software.

Yes, thank you ctt! I did not find this gem during my forum search. The "fix" worked like a charm. I am copying the relevant instructions here for others in this jam:

"1) Please Download The DJI Assistant 2 application, which can be located in the Mavic Pro Download Section. Download your current computer manufacture.
2) Once you Log into the program, please connect your defective battery into your done (Please disconnect its Gimbal Protection & Propellers just in-case) & let it initialise.
3) When the drone is booted up, connect your controller to your computer via the USB that came with the Mavic. Then, turn it on (otherwise it'll just remain in a charging state).
4) Your computer will install its relevant drivers automatically (Leave it for 1 minute).
5) Then, you will get an option to select your drone. Please do so!
6) A list will come up with all current Firmware releases from DJI, select the most up-to-date firmware & click "refresh".
7) Let the program do it's business downloading & installing. At the very end your drone will reboot along with your controller. Please don't worry if you lose connection to the program it'll return by itself!"

And thank you fans3078e08b for the instructional post!

Reactions: Pathogen
I have the exact same problem described above. I tried the fix mentioned but it would appear that my battery does not have enough power now to even initialise. I have tried recharging but this too fails. The two centre green lights still appear at 15 second intervals though this may eventually clear on complete battery discharge. All I did was attempt a firmware upgrade. The battery has less than 1 hour of use! Any suggestions on how I may recover this problem battery would be appreciated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS