DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Charging Issue

regdawg

Reactions
So I was able to charge one if my batteries but for some reason I can't charge my 2nd battery. When I plug in any of my batteries now none of the lights turn on. Wondering if my charger just went dead. It charges the remote fine. Ive tried different outlets and nothing. Is there a reset method for the charger and/or battery? This sux because I'm in Maui on vacation and just got here yesterday.

Did the 2-prong plug into the charger get loose or go bad? Try another cable and see if that works.

Hi regdawg
Sorry I dont have my mavic with me at this moment ( I'm at work) so I can't give you more info just now, but I when I get home I can tell you which pins on the multipin connector for the batteries should have voltage on them, and what voltage it should be.
My initial though was that if the charger will charge the RC then there isn't a problem on the Mains AC voltage input, so the problem is more likely to be in the charger.
The batteries can be charged from a DC supply, so if nobody has anwered your question I will have a look at this thread when I get home, and give you more info.

Hi regdawg
Sorry I dont have my mavic with me at this moment ( I'm at work) so I can't give you more info just now, but I when I get home I can tell you which pins on the multipin connector for the batteries should have voltage on them, and what voltage it should be.
My initial though was that if the charger will charge the RC then there isn't a problem on the Mains AC voltage input, so the problem is more likely to be in the charger.
The batteries can be charged from a DC supply, so if nobody has anwered your question I will have a look at this thread when I get home, and give you more info.
Thanks....and unfortunaelu...there is no BestBuy on Maui and no Amazon same day...[emoji34]

Hi redawg

Ok Sorry it took me so long but I have worked out a simple method of charging your batteries for the Mavic without a charger...

Ok first there is a sketch showing the pin out connections of the Mavic charger (IMG+5885)

You will see that the end two pins are marked N/C (not connected) I'm not sure that is absolutely true, but for our purposes they make no difference.
So moving inwards from the two N/C pins the first two on either side are all Common, IE electrically there is No resistance between them for all intents and purposes they are connected together and all are - 0 Vdc, the inner 4 pins are similarly connected together and are all at + 12 Vdc.
The reason for this configuration of pin connections is so that it makes no difference which way around you plug the connector into the battery, either way around would be good.
I've lashed this method together this way on purpose so that you can get all the bits you need even on Maui.
1 x Elastic band
2 x Paper clips
1 x Cigarette adapter so that you can take power from your car, if that can't be found just connect directly to the car battery
1 x Bits of wire
1 x Electrical Tape
1 x Pair of pliers

Look at the paper clips picture especially how I have bent the end to form a Knife blade contact, ( IMG_5891) you need to do the same so as not to strain the connectors in the battery connector, make sure that the contact end of the bent clip is hammered flat (use the pliers to bang it flat)
Next look at the pictures and see how and where to connect the paper clips into the battery terminals, (IMG_ 5883) make sure the Mavic battery is switched OFF, once you are happy that you have secured the clips in place with the elastic band then connect the wires to the car battery. ( I know it's scary ha ha, but just check you have done what I say exactly, you will be OK). I have take some of the risk out of the procedure, because I have charged one of my batteries from 20% to full charge doing this. At first I had a 12V 24Watt stop tail lamp in series in the circuit to limit the current the battery could draw, but then I realized the charge rate was exceptionally slow, so dispensed with the lamp, you can see that the max current (Amps) drawn is only 2 amps ( IMG_5888) so that's no problem.

I would advise that you carry out the process outside on the porch or somewhere, just in case ( wink ), don't leave it unattended,

Let me know if you do this and also, post some video of Maui.

Good Luck
Waylander

Attachments

• Img_5885.jpg
    Img_5885.jpg
    708 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_5883.JPG
    IMG_5883.JPG
    850.4 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_5888.JPG
    IMG_5888.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 214
  • IMG_5891.JPG
    IMG_5891.JPG
    579.2 KB · Views: 214
Thanks for the reply! It turns out my 2nd battery isnt charging, its not the charger itself.

I'm trying this now

However. I'm getting no reading on any of the pinouts, I assume the control broad / power button circuit is fault, this is a brand new battery never been charged from a flymore combo

Hi donnyp30

If you press the batteries power button, and the 4 LED's go through their sequence and you do not get power, you can be sure than the battery is knackered ( UK vernacular for Not Working ), this is not unusual, I've had it on two of my DJI original flight batteries, hopefully the batteries are still under warranty, send them back for a replacement.

Waylander

Hi redawg

Ok Sorry it took me so long but I have worked out a simple method of charging your batteries for the Mavic without a charger...

Ok first there is a sketch showing the pin out connections of the Mavic charger (IMG+5885)

You will see that the end two pins are marked N/C (not connected) I'm not sure that is absolutely true, but for our purposes they make no difference.
So moving inwards from the two N/C pins the first two on either side are all Common, IE electrically there is No resistance between them for all intents and purposes they are connected together and all are - 0 Vdc, the inner 4 pins are similarly connected together and are all at + 12 Vdc.
The reason for this configuration of pin connections is so that it makes no difference which way around you plug the connector into the battery, either way around would be good.
I've lashed this method together this way on purpose so that you can get all the bits you need even on Maui.
1 x Elastic band
2 x Paper clips
1 x Cigarette adapter so that you can take power from your car, if that can't be found just connect directly to the car battery
1 x Bits of wire
1 x Electrical Tape
1 x Pair of pliers

Look at the paper clips picture especially how I have bent the end to form a Knife blade contact, ( IMG_5891) you need to do the same so as not to strain the connectors in the battery connector, make sure that the contact end of the bent clip is hammered flat (use the pliers to bang it flat)
Next look at the pictures and see how and where to connect the paper clips into the battery terminals, (IMG_ 5883) make sure the Mavic battery is switched OFF, once you are happy that you have secured the clips in place with the elastic band then connect the wires to the car battery. ( I know it's scary ha ha, but just check you have done what I say exactly, you will be OK). I have take some of the risk out of the procedure, because I have charged one of my batteries from 20% to full charge doing this. At first I had a 12V 24Watt stop tail lamp in series in the circuit to limit the current the battery could draw, but then I realized the charge rate was exceptionally slow, so dispensed with the lamp, you can see that the max current (Amps) drawn is only 2 amps ( IMG_5888) so that's no problem.

I would advise that you carry out the process outside on the porch or somewhere, just in case ( wink ), don't leave it unattended,

Let me know if you do this and also, post some video of Maui.

Good Luck
Waylander

Hello my friend Waylander, please! Do you know if this pinout scheme is the same to the Mavic AIR?

Thank you, very much, in advance!
;)

Hi Sicario
No I'm sorry I do not Know if the M/Air is the same pin out, but if you have access to an AVO meter it eill not take long to check the Pin outs on the AIR battery against my drawing, I suspect it will be the same in order to spread the Current across more pins.
Hope this helps
Waylander

I want to create a 24V DC mobile power supply with my multitude of Mavic Pro batteries to power some Twinkly LED smart XMas lights. Using the nice pin out description above, would there be a problem with wiring two batteries in series to get to my 24V?
Thanks,
The Listener

I want to create a 24V DC mobile power supply with my multitude of Mavic Pro batteries to power some Twinkly LED smart XMas lights. Using the nice pin out description above, would there be a problem with wiring two batteries in series to get to my 24V?
Thanks,
The Listener
Hi Listener I do not see a problem in connecting 2 batteries in series, to get a 24 Volt output, I assume the the LED’s will draw very little current, but sat here without a battery I can’t check if with so little current flowing in the circuit the batteries might just switch off
Try leaving a battery On for a while and see if it shuts down.
Have Fun
Waylander

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom