DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery charging, max current

GekoCH

Reactions
Hy

Has someone already measured how much Amps goes into the batteries when used with a bench power supply set at 13.05v? And are the batteries over current protected (so can you throw more amps at the battery then it will need for a safe charging)?

Andy

push... no one?

Is probably not the right forum for those kind of questions...

Andy

I saw a video on youtube of a guy charging at 8amps. He claimed the batteries stayed pretty cool even though they are charging twice as fast as the factory PSU. I can't seem to find the video right now.

The car charger is 6amps compared to the AC charger which is 4amps.

thx for the info, I ordered a 10A buck converter so it should be fine to charge the Battery at 2C or its maximum charge capabilities.

Andy

Sorry for pulling up this old thread, but maybe someone here has had experience since the thread was created.

I typically charge my batteries with a balancing board, with the charger set at LipoHV and a max of 7 amps - and typically 1-3 batteries at the same time. So in 'worst' case, if I'm only charging one battery, my max current is 7 amps - just under 2c charge rate. I normally charge my other lipos at 2-5c, depending on the discharge rating (charge rating usually follows suit, although of course its not the same as the discharge rate). So I assume that a charge rate of 2c is okay for the Mavic battery.

Anyone with similar experiences?

I'd like to know as well. I know I'm late to the thread here. The batteries are 3830mah so I know the 1c rate is 3.83 amps. Really wanna know if I can safely charge st a 2c rate 7.66amps

DJI considers 6 amps aka about 1.5C ok since the car charger gives that. Wouldn't do much more, diminishing returns anyway.
Believe safety cutoff is 8.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost