Battery error, low voltage on one cell

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Alex Baxter, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Alex Baxter

Alex Baxter Well-Known Member

I've just had a Battery Error come up prior to a flight with a freshly charged battery with 9 charges on it. Voltages are 4.17, 4.33 and 4.33 volts. Used DJI mains charger and car charger only. Just got in touch with DJI technical support, and awaiting for their response..

Squamer likes this.
  2. BD0G

BD0G Well-Known Member

3. Alex Baxter

4. Phillynate

Phillynate New Member

@Alex Baxter I just yesterday was having the same issue while out at a shoot. I have 3 batteries, all new within the last week, and one is showing "Low Voltage" although at full charge. Can anybody help here or should we just contact DJI and send the battery back? Thanks!

Attached Files:

5. F6Rider

F6Rider Well-Known Member

Sounds like a bad battery, nothing to do except contact DJI or the retailer where you got it for a replacement.

Phillynate likes this.
  6. Mako79

Mako79 Well-Known Member

Whats the weather like??
    Are you guys keeping the battery in your pants on cold days??
    Try discharging the battery by flying it till it force lands. Then do a full charge. This is recommended every 20 cycles.

7. Alex Baxter

Hi Mako79
    It's not the cold, that would affect all cells equally, I have a low voltage in one cell (ie unbalanced cells) The software will not allow me to fly with the battery in this condition, At DJI advice I've discharged the battery fully (leave the Mavic switched on until it switched itself off (about 3 hours on the kitchen table...) and then recharged it. The error still exists. At DJI request I've sent screen dumps of error messages and battery conditions .
    The 'deep cycle' recommendation every 20 cycles has been dropped by DJI, it's no longer a requirement to do this.

Attached Files:

8. Mako79

Mako79 Well-Known Member

Thats massive variance.
    Send back.

Phillynate likes this.
  9. Alex Baxter

Tell me about it.....
    DJI 'need' the screen dumps despite my giving them all the information, trust issues maybe? I would have hoped they'd say, 'discharge fully, recharge, then if it's still faulty we'll replace it', but no, I've got to jump through hoops...

Phillynate likes this.
  10. Alex Baxter

Still jumping through hoops, just filled in a form with all the information they already have, 'proof of purchase' what's that about? They know from my email address, my home address, and the serial number of the Mavic, plus I ordered it direct from them. It really would be good if they produced a generic form with 'please fill this in, attach screen dumps/pictures and return to us' rather than this tiresome back and forth.
    Ah well, we'll get there in the end I don't doubt, they've pretty much bled all conceivable information out of me..

11. Alex Baxter

As I said, we'll get there in the end, it went off to Holland, they've checked it, repaired it (maybe replaced?) and will send it back FOC, I'm expecting it tomorrow. Good for you, DJI. Now the Dutch repair centre needs to have closer links to DJI in Shenzhen, so I don't need this proof of purchase BS. Still, I'm happy enough with the end result.

12. kmaluo

kmaluo Well-Known Member

Did you receive a new battery?

13. Alex Baxter