DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery overcurrent discharge

DSI

Reactions
Hi was flying my mavic on sport mode when suddenly came a warning Battery: Overcurrent discharge. Does anybody know what this means? N is it ok?Tq

Here

Attachments

• IMG_6569.PNG
    IMG_6569.PNG
    6.3 MB · Views: 63
Me too. Usually in sport mode, full forward and full ascent throttle at same time. Might be motors pulling too much from battery but thought DJI would have tested this!

D
Me too. Usually in sport mode, full forward and full ascent throttle at same time. Might be motors pulling too much from battery but thought DJI would have tested this!
DJI should solve this issue in their upcoming firmware update. Almost wet myself just now. I mean for the price that we pay for these birds they ought to solve all these issues. Ive gotten some nice videos while Pushing the forward n ascent together.

This is actually a warning you DO NOT want to ignore!

Regardless how much charge is in your battery, this warning will take place because it has to do with the amount of voltage loss under the situation. When you are full throttle ascent or forward, the volts drop and will continue dropping until they reach a point the motor wont run. You can continue flying but you need to get away from being at full throttle. The more you lift from full throttle, the quicker the voltage return to the safe point and above. The worse thing to ever do is, to fly full throttle while ascending and going forward at the time. Keep in mind that all of this is more noticeable in Speed mode, of course.

It is VERY Wise to set the option to see the voltage display in fly view. It will appear in the upper right next to the battery icon. The volt display will turn red the closer it get to point of shut down. Btw, if it reaches that point that mavic will shut down and drop.

Last edited:
Just had this warning come up today while in sport mode and doing full throttle. I instantly dropped the throttle and the voltage quickly returned back to a green state

This is actually a warning you DO NOT want to ignore!

Regardless how much charge is in your battery, this warning will take place because it has to do with the amount of voltage loss under the situation. When you are full throttle ascent or forward, the volts drop and will continue dropping until they reach a point the motor wont run. You can continue flying but you need to get away from being at full throttle. The more you lift from full throttle, the quicker the voltage return to the safe point and above. The worse thing to ever do is, to fly full throttle while ascending and going forward at the time. Keep in mind that all of this is more noticeable in Speed mode, of course.

It is VERY Wise to set the option to see the voltage display in fly view. It will appear in the upper right next to the battery icon. The volt display will turn red the closer it get to point of shut down. Btw, if it reaches that point that mavic will shut down and drop.
I was told by a sparky that if you allow the voltage to drop it increases your amp load, hence over heating the appliance and the course of motor burn out. ie; using a long thin extension lead. I am assuming that these little high performance motors on the Mavic would be susceptible to the same.

Hi was flying my mavic on sport mode when suddenly came a warning Battery: Overcurrent discharge. Does anybody know what this means? N is it ok?Tq
I too had this message pop up several times. Every time I saw it happened I get worried...but when I think of the reason its happening..its when one of the 3 battery cells drop a bit lower than the other 2. This happens when the battery is under strain (High current draw) & Only happens when I use the MPP props on my MP @ 100% throttle, and 100% ascent. Does not happen all the time I do that...only seems to happen when winds are a bit high up there. Usually back off to about 30% throttle, and warning goes away after a few seconds.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair