DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery:Overcurrent During Discharge <--- true meaning ?

Red_Raven

Reactions
Ive hat this error message "Battery:Overcurrent During Discharge" in 3 flights the last 24 hours, all of witch i was flying in sports mode.
What is this and what does it meen?
Do i need to have any worries about it? healthydrones shows the error as yellow, I would figure it'll be red if critical ?

It means you're pulling too much on the battery and should ease it a bit.
Nobody knows exactly where and how close this is to the critical level, but insisting may cause the battery to just shut down at some point.

Reactions: larkin
ok so eiuther im going too harsh in too rocky condition (iceland below -0 celcius) or the mavic doesnt handle his own motors.....
Am i thinking wildly if I go for the first one? :)

Reactions: Jaysjob
ok so eiuther im going too harsh in too rocky condition (iceland below -0 celcius) or the mavic doesnt handle his own motors.....
Am i thinking wildly if I go for the first one? :)
It's actually both. Cold weather leads to higher voltages. Pushing it in Sport mode leads to higher amp draw. Doing both for too long has resulted in Mavics falling out of the sky.

This error is really scary to get when in quite long distance.... It's like walking into a guy with ebola or the Spanish flu and trying to go the other way without getting it.... [emoji16]

Last edited:
Reactions: larkin
Ease of the gas, esp in cold weather or freezing high altitudes. The battery chemistry isn't reacting fast enough to provide enough juice when maxing it out on sports mode. If you are drawing juice faster that the battery can produce than the Mavic/phantom may drop from the skies. I am sure the later firmwares dealt with this by dropping the revs to keep minimum (as seen with the P3's).

A solution would be to drop the sensitivity.
Go into MC settings > Advanced Settings > Sensitivity and adjust Attitude to 85-90%. This will stop the sticks from ever maxing out to 100%. Please be aware that your top speeds may drop a few kph.

Reactions: rgmax and larkin
Ease of the gas, esp in cold weather or freezing high altitudes. The battery chemistry isn't reacting fast enough to provide enough juice when maxing it out on sports mode. If you are drawing juice faster that the battery can produce than the Mavic/phantom may drop from the skies. I am sure the later firmwares dealt with this by dropping the revs to keep minimum (as seen with the P3's).

A solution would be to drop the sensitivity.
Go into MC settings > Advanced Settings > Sensitivity and adjust Attitude to 85-90%. This will stop the sticks from ever maxing out to 100%. Please be aware that your top speeds may drop a few kph.

Can this be done specifically for the sport mode? I cannot locate that settings??

Edit: after googling, someone is saying that it appears settings that'll work only on sport mode by shifting into sport mode and go into settings, that's neat knowledge that I didn't know. I was even letting it get on my nerves that there wasn't such settings.

I'll try this in few hours and report.

Reactions: rgmax
Did DJI come out with an update to deal with this issue? Its the only problem I have with my Mavic Pro, yet I have never updated it because it works great.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike