DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery problem

wombat

Reactions
Hi Guys,
I had a crash a few months ago and I have been flying since rotating batteries, today I noticed that the batt that I crashed with has a gap, could I just push this back together or would it be safer to get another battery ?
see pic

Battery Gap.jpg

Hi Guys,
I had a crash a few months ago and I have been flying since rotating batteries, today I noticed that the batt that I crashed with has a gap, could I just push this back together or would it be safer to get another battery ?
see pic

View attachment 11582
It looks like the outer casing for the cells has come off slightly and might not affect, but personally I wouldn't take a chance and instead get a new battery.

Hi Guys,
see pic

View attachment 11582

I would never reuse a battery that has been in a crash. I have actually seen lipos taken out of crashed RC models that looked far better than yours does and they have later started smoking and burning. I think you should consider yourself lucky.

Thanks guys for your feedback, I thought you might save me $149 but as you all agree that I should get a new one, that was my thinking in the first place, best to be on the safe side and get a new one and get rid of this one.

You can get a new battery for $89 and some places have coupons for $10 off.

Adorama on eBay had a special for %15 off only on eBay which brought to around $75 if I recall correctly. I bought my 4th battery through them.

Yes

thank guys, but I live in Australia and shipping cost are over the top, some US dealers do not ship to Aust

We're on an international site, prices people state are usually always US$ unless stated otherwise. Translate to your currency or environment as needed.

We're on an international site, prices people state are usually always US$ unless stated otherwise. Translate to your currency or environment as needed.
Translated to AUS the 89$ one is 118 plus shipping

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000