DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Settings for Critically Low and Low Battery Warnings!

vinhidalgo

Reactions
Hello guys.

I use to fly my MP until I get aprox 45% battery charge. That's why I use 4 batteries most of the times. I've never been in a situation with a Critically Low Battery in real flight, but I've been testing in the backyard how it works. so, what could be a correct setting for Critically Low Battery and Low Battery Warnings?

thanks

Reactions: geoffc
I've read that it's not wise to exhaust the batteries too much, so I set low battery warning to 40 % knowing that I have enough power left, but I land with approximately 35%. So I hope that's a good way to prolong the battery's lifespan. I also have 4 batteries for good flight time all in all.

I think default is 25% I fly to 20% with enough juice to return to home.

In 8% the mavic automaticly dec
And force you to look for landing spot

Cant stand the mayhem caused by the remote when alerting - so in my case I'm sticking with 20% and 10%. I've made it a habit to constantly keep an eye out the battery level. Rarely land with less than 25-30%. Have never been alerted, and I have no plan to be before they give me an option to remove the battle-alarm and use for example vibration.

Marius.

Reactions: Norval
The Mavic controller displays remaining "Usable" power left in the battery . It is an intelligent battery so the logic will not let it discharge to a dangerous low level like you can with regular lipo batteries . I set my 1st warning at 50% just so I get a notice at the halfway point to allow me to check wind , how far away I am etc at that point . My critical warning is set to 10% .

It is an intelligent battery so the logic will not let it discharge to a dangerous low level like you can with regular lipo batteries

Sure, but that doesn't mean that it will have enough power to get back to where you are instead of landing in dense jungle. The purpose of the alarm is get a notification that will help ensure the drone isn't lost due to running out of battery, not to protect the battery.

Reactions: Norval
Also the slider bar at the top which shows the home point and flight time remaining are a good indicator and normally cut in before you need the low battery warnings. mine are at 30 and 20.

My low warning is set at 30% I usually have it on the ground by then or really close by. Very comfortable that way.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio