DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Status Error

cobra46

Reactions
Last night while playing with settings (motors not running) I got a Battery Status Error on the DJI Go 4 app. This is the second time I've seen this error.

This is different than the overcurrent error we get while flying.

Anyone else see this before. I don't recall reading about it on here.1488475655512.png

Sent from my SM-N910V using MavicPilots mobile app

How did you capture that image???

Presumably by taking a screenshot like on iOS holding the home and lock button at the same time.

I had a battery telemetry error a couple of weeks ago using an SDK application while it was 100 foot over a gorge, not what you want to see but it flew normally and landed fine a couple of minutes later. I would take that battery out to a field and fly it for a bit before doing anything fancy.

Last night while playing with settings (motors not running) I got a Battery Status Error on the DJI Go 4 app. This is the second time I've seen this error.

This is different than the overcurrent error we get while flying.

Anyone else see this before. I don't recall reading about it on here.View attachment 7524

The new firmware (17.03.02) states it will eliminate incorrect battery errors, maybe that is you.
Regards,
-d.

Yes it is just a screenshot taken on my Android phone.

Last time I got it I just re-charged the battery and it was good to go. I haven't looked at my logbook to see if it is the same battery.

I had this error as well (not overcurrent discharge) and am wondering what others think. I just restarted the AC when the error came up and it went away upon restarting.

I had the same thing on the latest app and firmware version available as of the time I'm writing this. I have 3 batteries, went through the latest FW update on the whole system (I'm assuming it updates the drone, battery, and controller to be at the same level during an update). One that was completed I rebooted the drone, controller, and app. Everything seemed fine, so I **** everything off and swapped the battery in the drone and started everything up again. The 2nd battery gave me that same error. So I shut everything down and tried the 3rd battery, same error came up. Batteries 2&3 were about 60℅ charged and the first one was about 90%. I charged up one of the batteries and the message went away after the charge. Seems this issue has something to do with the charge % of the battery perhaps.... Maybe it's a warning to tell you that the battery is only half full or something. Also these batteries had been sitting around for awhile and had discharged themselves. I guess they will power themselves down after a few days because of the LiPo chemistry. Any thoughts?

I had the same thing on the latest app and firmware version available as of the time I'm writing this. I have 3 batteries, went through the latest FW update on the whole system (I'm assuming it updates the drone, battery, and controller to be at the same level during an update). One that was completed I rebooted the drone, controller, and app. Everything seemed fine, so I **** everything off and swapped the battery in the drone and started everything up again. The 2nd battery gave me that same error. So I shut everything down and tried the 3rd battery, same error came up. Batteries 2&3 were about 60℅ charged and the first one was about 90%. I charged up one of the batteries and the message went away after the charge. Seems this issue has something to do with the charge % of the battery perhaps.... Maybe it's a warning to tell you that the battery is only half full or something. Also these batteries had been sitting around for awhile and had discharged themselves. I guess they will power themselves down after a few days because of the LiPo chemistry. Any thoughts?

As I recall, my battery that gave me this error was at 54% for take off and had been sitting around for a few days with no use. It didn't discharge itself down to 54% as I had discharged to that level on my previous flight. Sounds like it could be a warning that the battery isn't at a full charge as you said.

Today I had the same issue with two batteries. Both were charged about one week ago and discharged to approximately 60%. I dared to fly, no problems. So, I also think it's a kind of warning that you start the fly with a non-full battery. The error may be caused by the self discharge...

Today I had the same issue with two batteries. Both were charged about one week ago and discharged to approximately 60%. I dared to fly, no problems. So, I also think it's a kind of warning that you start the fly with a non-full battery. The error may be caused by the self discharge...
Excellent reasoning, I concur.
Regards,
-d.

I'm at newest .6 FW. Just downloaded Autopilot, Mavic went about 200 feet then RC said Battery Not Available and stopped the patrol and hovered. It kept flashing "joystick" on the screen and battery not available. It wouldn't move unless I manually flew. No auto patrol. Does the Mavic Battery's need upgraded as well. I upgraded the RC and Mavic to .600. Was I supposed to somehow upgrade the battery's too

I've got this error message for all my 5 batteries yesterday. They were stored unused for about couple weeks and obviously self discharged according to the setting to start discharging after 10 days. But they were discharged half or maybe even less according to LEDs. I didn't fly, because I didn't even think to start motor after seeing this message. The message is at least confusing. Did not contact DJI, because I know their answer - send your unit for repair, no real help for things not covered by user manual.

I can't be 100% but i think my error message was actually a result of remote control losing connection with mavic. Thus is didnt have battery signal. But i dont know why AP would should a better unavailable error for a remote disconnect issue. I verified this by switching to go app and was getting remote discconect and interference errors. I sent message to Hangar they invited me to beta group for next version to see if 4.0 fixes the issue

I hadfd the exact issue. I have three batteries. I only get the error on one of them,I discharged the battery and recharged it with no change. I will try to upgrade again with that battery in and see what happens. mine were also sitting for about three weeks.

I've had the message a couple of times, every time just rebooting the aircraft made it go away.

Just experienced this issue today for the first time. I had not flown in almost 3 weeks due to weather and timing. I keep the batteries around 60% or so when sitting.

I was doing a quick flight today to check a few camera setting changes and did not charge it to full. About 1/2 way through the flight of 5 minutes the error popped up. Being I was flying in an open area I continued flying as I wanted to see what would happen and had no issues. It flew and landed as normal. However when the error is present you have no idea of the battery status.

I just saw the battery status error for first time. Battery was self discharged to around 60-70%, other battery was on charger so I went for a short flight in backyard with this battery. The battery status error never disappeared, but the other warnings (low battery warning and critical battery warning) still functioned fine. You can see the battery voltage display and the percent on the upper menu bar of the display. I am assuming this is correct status, regardless of the other error shown to the left. I did reboot the Mavic initially but error was still present. Not updating my firmware until I understand how the restriction issue plays out.
For that reason, I fly off-line, what is weird is the controller showed an NFZ when I first turned it on (I am not in an NFZ) it later disappeared when I rebooted to connect my tablet, assuming since I am signed into the app, it displayed "Go Fly".

I charged up both of my batteries since my post above. The lights never shut off in the charger. Lights went from blinking sequentially to all 4 on and never shut off (I left first one in charger for several hours). I finally took it off the charger and had to power the battery off like you would if it were on the Mavic. Batteries were charged, I checked them on the bird/in the app. I've only charged these batteries about 3 times each, I've only had Mavic for a few weeks.
Searching through the forum for battery issues it seems like there is a very large amount for Mavic. Between bad batteries and firmware related issues I suspect it could become a very popular issue. Anyone have issues with DJI support on batteries?

I just looked back at my logbook and I also had a charging episode where all four LED's were on solid after it should've been fully charged. I flew on it anyway and the flight was completely normal. The battery has behaved normally since.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO