DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery storage in hard case

Mavirick

Reactions
Just purchased the Nanuk 920 for my Mavic and had a question regarding how to store the batteries (battery contacts facing up or battery contacts down in the case sockets)....or does it make a difference?I've seen pics of people who do both, but wasn't certain if one was better for the battery.

It said in the manual when I read it to make sure it is facing up if you are not going to use it for more than 10 days

Not sure I understand the logic of that but fair enough..

Just my 2cents....I bought terminal covers for mine..I store them up in the case with the covers...but for travel on airplanes...I put them in the fireproof lipo storage bags..with the terminal covers on too...yea..I know...a little "retentive"...lol..

Reactions: Launchpad McQuack
Thanks for the info. I was just concerned about putting pressure on the lip where the terminal contacts are since putting them facing down in the sockets might put pressure on the lip when you close the case, however, I suppose it should not make any difference.

I have placed them in both ways in my case, doesnt seem to affect them at all either direction. I have battery terminals as well.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 34
I do both kinda I store mine up all the time but as I fly and don't recharge them I put them face down so I know the battery needs to be charged once it's charged it goes face up

Just my 2cents....I bought terminal covers for mine..I store them up in the case with the covers...but for travel on airplanes...I put them in the fireproof lipo storage bags..with the terminal covers on too...yea..I know...a little "retentive"...lol..
Hi Merlin, where did you buy terminal covers for your batteries?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser