DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery storage

Doi Nomazi

Reactions
Yes, try to store them long term at about 50% charge, but what would happen if left on the charger for weeks/months in a row?

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

The batteries should stop charging when they are full and should not start charging again until you reconnect them to the charger.

Yes, that is clear. My question is what happens if I stored the batteries connected to the charger?

I kept 2 Anton Bauer video batteries on a charger for 9 years and they are still working.

I keep my Goal Zero batteries on the charger all the time when not in use (6 years) and they seem to like it.

I was just wondering if anybody has a pertinent explanation to what would happen to the Mavic batteries if stored connected to the charger.

Does the charge stops when battery is full. Then? If battery wants to discharge itself the charger kicks in as soon as the voltage drops, right?

So, what would be the impact on the battery life, quality, reliabity?

Thank you.

Last edited:
The recommended storage charge is 50%. If left on the charger you would be storing them at 100%. They also suggest you be present during charging of LIPOs, I suspect you left home sometime during that 9 years. Now I too get comfortable with new stuff and get more casual, but until we hear from a real battery expert I would think keeping them on the charger is not recommended and is not the way to get the best battery life.

That is my question. What exactly happens (chemical process) to the LiPo batts when left on a charger for long periods of time.

Right now I keep the controller connected constantly to the charger when not in use. It seems to be OK. I was reluctant to have the "smart batts" connected all the time.

I wish it was OK to keep on the charger and just pull them when needed. It works with many other batteries, iPhone included.

Thank you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU