DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Warmer

cacherjoe

Reactions
I am looking for options to warm the Mavic battery before flight. Here in Canada it is said we have 10 months of Winter and 2 months of bad sledding. It isn't quite that bad, but I would like to have an option to keep the warm before flight. I have seen threads pointing to 3D print files, but I don't have a printer.

Does anyone have a solution they are using?

I use a small bag with thermal insulation, one which you would normally carry food in that's supposed to keep it's temperature. I put my full batteries in there, along with handwarming gel packs as a heat source. Each time I take a battery out, I activate another gel pack.

If you have only two or three batteries, you can also just put them in your pant's front pockets.

When you arrive at location, let your Mavic adjust to the cold temperature for 10-15 minutes to avoid jello effects, but without the battery. Keep the battery warm until you're ready to take off.

Great idea maikm. Probably cheaper and more convenient than having something that needs to be plugged in. Thanks!

I have flown a number of times (after hiking up to four hours) down to 8 degrees F by placing a 3M hot/cold gel pack (warmed in the microwave before leaving) next to the battery and wrapped in a down jacket in my pack. This keeps the battery warm until flight and once you start flying the battery will warm itself. I have also used chemical hand warmers but the gel pack works better and is less expensive long term.

https://www.amazon.com/3M-reusable-...sr=8-1&keywords=3m+hot+cold+gel+pack+reusable

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka