DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bay Area Pilots Sound Off

Got one from Amazon. Made by HobbyTiger. $49.00. No it's not carbon fiber, but looks durable and everything fits like a glove. The controller fits without tweaking joysticks. Room for two xtra batteries, charger, and various sundry items.
I ended up ordering the one you referred. Also went to Fry's and got their last battery they had in stock and the Battery Charging Hub. Wanted to know what you thought about the Propeller Protectors?

Well hello there from Moraga! Got my Mavic a few days ago, playing with it for the past few days to learn the interface and such, had it up in the air for a while the other day, rock solid and a joy to fly.
Also have a homebuilt Hex with a Tarot FC, DJI E800 Propulsion system, I get about 20 minutes on that beast, but I "did need something smaller" for the close in areas. (my rationalization nyuk nyuk nyuk).

We fly at a school in Moraga on Sunday am before the baseballers come out of the woodwork.

c

New Mavic owner but long time RC heli and original Phantom owner. I'm from Santa Rosa.

Donald here, instructor at Santa Rosa Junior College.
Starting a Commercial Drone Imaging class here this coming fall :)
Also wanted to let folks know about a conference I have coming up - the Bay Area Drone Symposium is this June. It's geared primarily toward educators, but will be open to the public one day. Check out www.bayareadronesymposium.com for info :)

Reactions: NorCalCorax
Eastern Contra Costa County...Antioch. The Delta makes for some AMAZING filming and photography. One good side to all of the rain we have had this year is that the East Bay Hills are a gorgeous green right now. Black Diamond Mines is also one of my favorite places to fly. DJI_0014.JPG

Eastern Contra Costa County...Antioch. The Delta makes for some AMAZING filming and photography. One good side to all of the rain we have had this year is that the East Bay Hills are a gorgeous green right now. Black Diamond Mines is also one of my favorite places to fly. View attachment 10078
I thought East Bay parks banned drones, which would include Black Diamond Mines.

I thought East Bay parks banned drones, which would include Black Diamond Mines.
I stand corrected, you are right. The Park Ranger I spoke with was also wrong (Silly me for taking his word for it). I just looked it up and all motorized flight is banned from East Bay Regional Parks...without exception. Below is a link to prove that. The government is going to shut down an amazingly fun hobby with their choking regulations. I understand the need to be safe and responsable, but an outright ban...there has to be a better solution.
Enjoy Your New Drones, Just Not in the Parks

Reactions: MykieeFilms
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair