DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Became more complicated than fun... Sold it!

Finally got tired of all the cryptic software/firmware and set-up options.

Sold it! Glad to be rid of it!!

Hope y'all have a more enjoyable time with your Mavics than I experienced.
Yeah....I sold my quantum physics book right after the term ended. I can relate.

Reactions: Merlin23
Sorry to hear about your bad experiences with the Mavic. I agree with you, it is a little complicated to figure all the settings out. I took it as a challenge and learning experience. I started with small toy drones and made baby steps to the Mavic. I understand your frustration and wish you the best with flying your next UAV. Hard to leave this much fun in he dust.
Good luck.

Did you get CLOSE to your money back or did you have to sell at a big loss? ok ok flat out how much did you get for it?

There is a lot to learn about the Mavic but my approach to anything technical is to focus just on the information that allows me to do what I wish to accomplish. Example: The I Watch is very complicated to learn all its capable, but if you only want to get your text messages and time it's easy.

Reactions: Nothingtodo
The Mavic Pro is my first drone ever. Easier and safer that the Mavic Pro does not exist. If you are bothered to check the pressure of the tires, oil level and inspect it before embarking on a trip the drone family It's not for you. Good luck!
If this is your "first drone ever", how can you compare it to all others??

Ah that aucks this is my first and I love it. Updates just part of the program.

Very sory to hear it .but if it too hard for you to use it so good for you to sell it .(it was easy to sell it ...good market for good item)
And some one save some mony
By buy a used one
......advice for all of us -the mavic is not a real plane or army drone
But for a toy its great for some one that can spand 1000$ mini
I agree most people they fly it as a plane ✈️
But for some few people the use it as a photographer and video editor

Bummer but I also understand. It is a LOT to master. It's easier if you started "small" and worked up to it rather than just starting with something this sophisticated. The myriad of problems experienced lends itself to negative experiences as well. I hope you use the money for something that is a blast for you. Good luck!
I have only had my mavic for 2 months and I have had no problems as yet. Me and my five year old son love getting out and about flying it. I am just wondering what sort of problems were they and should I expect the same issues in the near future?
Regards
Sean

I have had my mavic four 2 months now and had no problems as yet.
Me and my five year old son love getting out and about flying it. I am just wondering what sort of problems were they and should I expect the same issues in the near future?
Regards
Sean

Late to the party but have some sympathy, bit like getting a new camera or TV now days. Pick a few things and add to them over time - never going to master everything at once.
Bit like memorising a dictionary, look for what you want and leave the rest (for now)

IMG_0926.JPG

It took me a week of just staring at my DJI and watching on-line set-up videos before I switched it on. Then there was the time when I tried to nudge it away with my hand, to avoid hitting a nearby wall. Lots of blood. Then there was the time when I tried to fly it in my home. Papers flew everywhere as if I had just turned on a leaf blower. Later, after long flights, I was so stressed I lay down on my couch, wanting a stiff drink. 2 months later, I'm still a stressed pilot, but as a professional photographer for 35 years,the DJI has given me a visual perspective that I have never had (even when I rented a helicopter.) Coordinating evolving skills of piloting, shooting video and stills is always a challenge. But, WOWl The ability to have a tiny machine - small enough to fit in my camera bag - and quickly travel over a distant ridge and snap photos from a never-seen-before view of Big Horn Sheep is like something out of the distant future. For that experience alone, the DJI is cheap at 2X the price.IMG_0926.JPG

Better to go back to paper airplanes fold and fly!
All kidding aside u r right but fun to fly my Mavic.

I can relate to your phlight, although with different complaints: My issues with the mavic and any drone of this type is being actually able to fly it in a comfortable setting without completly going away from civilation and even some of those locations, such as unpopulated parks is not accessible. I have two drones; the P4 and the mavic and I tell you it has become nerve racking to worry about violations each time I fly it, especially where I live. Like you, it is getting to be an expensive annoyance.

Oh no... It's an amazing little thing the mavic if you like exploring and flying, and not complicated really

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett