DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Been lovin the MP!

mcsenerd

Reactions
A few days ago I was at some relatives down south of Houston, around Needville, and I was going to fly the bird around their acreage there but the wind was super gusty (at least 20+ MPH steady and ~30 gusts). Well, later that afternoon it seemed to calm down a bit so I took it out and got it airborne. Well, wouldn't you know it that it kicked back up about halfway through the flight. I was at least 2000+ ft away from the home point and the wind was basically dead head-on all the way back. Of course I wasn't in sport mode (but did think about maybe needing to flip it on), but I managed to get her back home safely without incident. There was some time there where I was only able to make headway at around 3 MPH, but honestly she did about as well as I could possibly have hoped. It's really kinda impressive how stable it is even in some of the worst conditions. Just thought I'd share a positive story in the midst of all of the "OMG! My MP is possessed! / HELP! I flew my bird into a city center hi-rise apartment! DJI Owes Me A New Bird!" - type posts.

Reactions: arcolog2
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake