DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beep volume on the controller

Graves14

Reactions
Is there a way to adjust the volume for the controller beeping? If I want to leverage RTH, I don't need it beeping all the way home. It's super loud, to the point where it attracts unwanted attention.

If there was a way to silence or acknowledge the alert to stop the beeping that would be an acceptable alternative.

Otherwise, has anyone opened up the controller to find the speaker yet?

Reactions: Drgnfli
Looking for the same answer. Just looked through the whole user manual and couldn't find anything. The RTH as well as the low battery warning sounds are way louder than they need to be. Would like to be able to customize the sound level.

There is no way to adjust the volume :(

Reactions: Soundtekk
I may need to adjust it "mechanically" with a screw or something :)

If I do, I'll try to report back here.

It does make me laugh as people were saying the Mavic Pro is great because its inconspicuous yet the tiny controller practically screams at your when it's returning home, and god forbid it is returning home at 30% battery ;-)

I tried to pop open the controller, but the only two screws I found (by the phone grips) didn't release much except a little plastic cover. No obvious ways into this thing...

The vents on the top and bottom are for airflow, so I don't want to cover those up.

Need to get inside somehow to address this speaker volume. The did a nice job reducing the startup noise on the craft (compared to the Phantom startup obnoxiousness), but the controller is now worse.

Reactions: MarkEt
That beep is indeed very very annoying, when i get my controller that will be the first thing to mod.

Hope someone comes up with a diy fix in the meantime.

"BEEPBEEP! BEEPBEEP! BEEPBEEP! BEEPBEEP! BEEPBEE-"
*gunshot*

"Ahh, finally. Peace and quiet."
And now we know why they gave it a wi-fi mode. It's for when you finally snap and murder your noisy controller.

A volume option would be wonderful. I am reading the DIY link above right now.

The sound comes from your phone not the controller if volume is off on your phone you won't hear anything

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User