DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beep volume on the controller

I just made a thread over on DJI's forum about this issue. Considering the fact that low battery warning is a critical warning system, it makes absolutely no sense to allow critical battery to be silenced and not allow the same for RTH which we often initiate on purpose. Please chime in on the thread everyone so we can get some DJI eyeballs on it and have this backwards logic remedied. Why can we silence critical battery beeping but not RTH?

Reactions: Drgnfli and keyop
For all you out there who would like to Control your speaker volume on your Mavic Controller here is a DYI fix for you.

Attachments

• 1492845657541.jpg
    1492845657541.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 412
Last edited:
Reactions: Grvcbs and SeaComms
Just added my comments to the DJI forum.

By all means sound an alarm if RTH is engaged by some safety feature (loss of signal, battery low) of even if we select it manually if they have to.

BUT then let us simply acknowledge that RTH has started and silence the alarm.

I don't even mind if the alarm starts up again when the Mavic starts its descent - as long as we can cancel the "oh my god that guy with the drone has a serious problem and is going to cash!" Alarm

Failing that. Lets have a nice new intelligent flight mode called....HEAL (Home Endflight And Land)

"Heal boy! Heal"

If it was me and there was absolutely NO way without opening, I would consider maybe splicing a variable resistor into the speaker wire to adjust the volume manually like an old school Walkman or similar. Or else, would just tape the speaker with black duck tape.

I always get comments of concern from people nearby asking "what does that mean" whenever the beeping is on. Then I need to explain it's just returning to home.

If it was me and there was absolutely NO way without opening, I would consider maybe splicing a variable resistor into the speaker wire to adjust the volume manually like an old school Walkman or similar. Or else, would just tape the speaker with black duck tape.

Attachments

• 55817319-4479-4D21-A119-FCAE29328310.jpeg
    55817319-4479-4D21-A119-FCAE29328310.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 109
Reactions: Drone_guy
For all you out there who would like to Control your speaker volume on your Mavic Controller here is a DYI fix for you.
This is more elegant

Attachments

• 73B79B0A-447E-489D-948A-5ADED7B64CC4.jpeg
    73B79B0A-447E-489D-948A-5ADED7B64CC4.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 123
Reactions: Drone_guy
Hmm. It’s quite tricky disassemble the controller and I’m not sure I’d like cut holes in it...

There is a software fix you can do though..

“Silencio” it’s called - free limited version and a fiver for proper version. Means flashing software - I downloaded it but haven’t run it yet... but there are good reports about it...

Reactions: Texas Mavic
I read somewhere that if you TAP the power button on the RC that it will stop the beeping. He tried it out and it did work. There must have been an update on this problem. I don't know if it was the Mavic Pro,Mavic2 or both. Let us know if it works for you. Chuck.

It works for RTH. You have to press a little more than just a quick tap though. Just be sure to press less than 2 seconds, just in case you mistakenly double tapped and end up shutting it off ;-)

Is there a way to adjust the volume for the controller beeping? If I want to leverage RTH, I don't need it beeping all the way home. It's super loud, to the point where it attracts unwanted attention.

If there was a way to silence or acknowledge the alert to stop the beeping that would be an acceptable alternative.

Otherwise, has anyone opened up the controller to find the speaker yet?

I use a Bluetooth headset paired with my Smart Controller to get the sound under control.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun