DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bees

Bazzr14

Reactions
Whilst out flying yesterday my Mavic Pro was surrounded by bees, at first only three or four, but after a few minutes flying there were 50 or more! Not sure what their intentions were but when I landed the Mavic was a mess, the props and the body were covered with chopped up bees, felt a bit sad about dispatching the bees but was not easy to avoid, everywhere the Mavic went they followed, even after landing they still circled it!

Whilst out flying yesterday my Mavic Pro was surrounded by bees, at first only three or four, but after a few minutes flying there were 50 or more! Not sure what their intentions were but when I landed the Mavic was a mess, the props and the body were covered with chopped up bees, felt a bit sad about dispatching the bees but was not easy to avoid, everywhere the Mavic went they followed, even after landing they still circled it!
It seems to attract them here is a link with some related threads.
Search Results for Query: bees | DJI Mavic Drone Forum

Reactions: dirkclod
That's why I monitor the video feed consistently. When I see them on there, I fly far away until I don't see them anymore. Then I take an alternate route back.

This has also happened to me. I don't know if the frequency attracts them or something? Maybe they think Mavic is a massive Queen bee? :D

I think the best thing to do is very quickly gain or lose altitude. They can't keep up and you should shake them off easily enough.

Same issue for a week. Mom suggested a few drops of pepperment oil on the props. Works like a charm!

19731877_1369005739834538_8035816468669761834_n.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada