DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beginner mode sudden drift

Rcdude1990

Reactions
Quick question guys. I was just in the park open field flying the mavic. I flew three batteries perfectly fine! This thing is awsome!
The third battery I decided to try to do the Facebook live
Loaded up a new battery (battery 3) had 15. Satellites all good. Took mavic up about 15 feet so that it can recognize rth location.

I noticed it started to drift slowly, as if the wind was pushing it.
I was in beginner mode. Anywho I got a little worried and said let's bring it down. Slowly brought it down and it was drifting... drifting to where I had to do right stick to even it out. Landing was sketchy as it would start it's like land thing and I could see it drift. Landed with like a few small bounces.
Restarted and tried again same thing.
Packed up and left
Any ideas?
I have not done any compass calibration as someone said "if it doesn't ask don't do it... if it ain't broke don't fix it" haha
Any ideas?

I would not be too worrried if is a one-off occurrence, if it repeats, then bother to do some investigation. You will be out of beginner mode within a day anyway, so what you saw may somehow just be confined to that.

I thought it was possible that the Facebook live stream might have had something to do with it hmmmm

It sounds like your Mavic was flying in ATTI mode. Did you check out your flight log to confirm? If not, you can upload it and view it online here.

It sounds like your Mavic was flying in ATTI mode. Did you check out your flight log to confirm? If not, you can upload it and view it online here.
I thought so to but nope def beginner mode. Controller said beginner and such

Your Mavic could have been in ATTI mode even though you were flying in beginner mode.

Check out your flight log. It'll eliminate the guesswork.

Please double check the user guide. 15ft doesn't get you anything on RTH. You will get a notification that home point has been updated as you take off (even a few feet). Next, if you want precision landing, a good guidance is to proceed to over 10m in height. That's 33ft, so bring it up 35 feet to be sure, vertically with no other stick input (that's key). After that, you can do whatever you want, and not only will RTH work, but Precision Landing will be enabled.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada