DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beginner or Tripod mode.

rustydiver

Reactions
Going out later to have my first flight with the Mavic what's best to start on beginner or tripod mode.
I've flow hexs and quads before but not for a while.
I've got a 100m radius set and 40m high to keep it close to me.
Just wondering what's the best mode to get the feel for it.

Start in beginner mode. Tripod mode isn't really useful unless you're flying indoors (not recommended for beginners) or in very close quarters.

Yea I've got very comfortable in 3 days this bird flys like a dream but then the quad I had before this was considered a toy parrot ar drone 2.0

I took my first flight yesterday. I too have flown smaller "toy" quads, and after a few minutes in beginner mode I felt comfortable enough to turn it off. There were 10 mph winds and it was incredibly stable.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Cameron1991
My last one wasn't a toy one it was a home built one. Dji f550
IMG_1772_zpsg8lyjgkr.jpg

Sadly it doesn't look like this anymore. Got a new frsky controller for it had a few flights all was fine and then it decided to do its own thing flying away very fast. Luckily where it was heading the ground was higher and it hit the deck very hard breaking the aluminium arms.

Tripod is good for tight areas or when you need a steady hand for shooting. I wish there was a speed control for it because it can be too slow. I would just stick to beginner mode in and open area to get a feel for flight characteristics.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I took it out over the weekend and tried all three modes yep tripod very slow but later me said great for slow filming. Beginner was ok. Normal I found a bit twitchy could do with something in between.

Reactions: Cameron1991
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada