DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Accessories for the Mavic Pro

deansta

Reactions
Hi just want to start a topic of the best accessories that people are using or came across for there Mavic Pro.

Can be Ebay/Amazon or OME dji stuff.

I keep a list of the most commonly used accessories/items discussed in this forum here. It includes all of the basics that most Mavic pilots will want to have on hand.

Reactions: SeaComms
I can see the results now
.... and the number one best accessorie for the dji mavic pro is .... . (*drum roll please ) ...... DEEE JJJJJ iiiii care!!!-! Ya@ LOL HAHAHA

For tight area flights.

Extended legs for grass and dusty take off areas

Cheap bag, great protection, doesn't shout "I have a drone on me!"

Reactions: guest_1121
I started with the Fly More bundle and used the provided DJI bag but I really didn't like the DJI bag. It was too tight to fit all the parts into the bag, the control sticks on the RC were always pushed to the side, the drone propellers would always get caught inside the loose lining of the bag, and the bag was too small for anything else to fit for a walk into the woods (like water and snacks). And the bag was too big to fit into a small backpack.

So I wandered around this forum, looked at pictures of other people's set-ups and also cruised Amazon for a couple hours and here is my set-up that I really like.

IMG_9565.JPG IMG_9564.JPG

So I have:
  • Mavic hard shell case - I really like this case although I wish it was just a fraction smaller so the drone would fit tighter.
  • Mavic propeller clips - I thought once I stopped using the DJI bag I wouldn't need these but even with the hard shell case the clips secure the propellers and makes sure they are flopping around when I am taking out or putting away the drone. The bottom prop clip fits perfectly, I place it on the VERY back of the drone over the props and slide it gently forward until the props are lightly held. The upper clip is a little too tight for my liking, it actually holds the props down against the body ever so slightly. I think If I was doing long term storage (more than a couple days) I would probably remove that upper clip to make sure I don't deform the props.
  • Hard shell RC case - Same thoughts as the Mavic case, I wish it was just a fraction smaller for a better fit. But works well.
  • Stick clamp - I really like this version, although I haven't purchased any others. This one fits nice and snug on the sticks and to my eye is a perfect vertical fit, keeping the sticks in the neutral position. I also like that its quick and easy to install and remove, so straps or anything to futz with.
  • Hard shell double battery case - works perfectly
  • Hard shell single battery case - I use this one for accessories. I keep 6 spare props in it and also a small bag with a couple memory cards and these little 3D printed battery clips to cover the contacts of the batteries in case I want to loosely carry a battery in my pocket or backpack without fear of shorting the battery terminals and starting a fire. This case it just a smidgen too small though so I think I am going to try to find another option.
  • Taco filters - I am up in the air about these. They have definitely helped me get great shots in bright sunlight. But the past couple flights, when I was using my ND16, on take off I had blurry focus. When I landed the Mavic and replaced with the clear UV filter, the focus was perfect. To my eye the lens looks clean a whistle. So is it the Mavic? Is it the filters? I don't know but I am going to keep futzing around to try and nail down which it is.
That's it so far. Now I can toss all these cases into my small backpack with a bottle of water and some snacks and I am good to go for an afternoon hike to get some cool shots, with everything snug as a bug in a rug. Another cool thing about this set-up is that when I fly, I place all the little parts (gimbal cover, gimbal clamp, prop clips, RC clamp, iPhone case) into their respective hard shell cases and I am completely mobile and haven't lost track of any small parts. And when I put everything away I have all the little bits sitting in the cases so I don't forget to put anything back on (I am looking at you gimbal clamp!).

The last thing I am trying to come up with an easy solution is a battery log. I have my batts numbered on the outside but I would like to make sure I am rotating them properly so they are all used equally. I know you can check logs to see how often they have been used but it seems silly for me to install and remove 3 batteries at the start of each session to figure out the order of who goes first, in case I don't use them all. First time I checked my batts I found one batt had been used 15 times and the other two were used about 5 times each. So I did a couple of sessions using only two batts to get everyone even. I am thinking about laminating a small piece of card stock that I would velcro inside the top lid of my double battery hard shell and use a fine sharpie to tick my usage. When its full I replace it.

I am also working on a condensed version of the manual. I am 60+ flights in right now but I still can't remember where everything is in the DJI Go4 app. DJI likes to nest things inside advanced settings making it confusing to try to remember where everything is. So I am working on making a couple laminated cards, double sided, about the size of an iPhone, that can act as a quick reference guide to common setting changes.

What are you guys working on?

For me it would have to be a landing pad. Apart from the obvious take offs and landings, it also serves as a nice, clean area for me to get everything setup. Wouldn't be without it :)

Reactions: AirBean
For me it would have to be a landing pad. Apart from the obvious take offs and landings, it also serves as a nice, clean area for me to get everything setup. Wouldn't be without it :)
My truck came with 4 landing pads... a.k.a. Floor mats. Well 3 now since I forgot one once...

I guess the above mentioned hardshell cases are tops for me. I use them in a dedicated drone bag (lowepro 250aw) but I dont plan on taking it (the bag) with me when i travel abroad in a few months. The battery case for props is a great idea! Im currently using a semi-rigid pencil case.

Second would be the sun shade for the gimbal. It provides a little bit of supposed crash protection and helps with lens flare. I have the f-stoppers one that seems overpriced but is more rigid than the one i got from ebay.

The third bit of kit for me would be the landing pad. I try to keep the quad out of the dirt or dust on takeoff and landing as much as possible and I prefer not to hand launch/catch.

I havent found much use for the extended legs thus far. I either hand launch/catch or use the landing pad.

I use the supposedly fireproof lipo bags for my batts. I have each numbered so I rotate between my 5 batteries.

One bit of non-drone specific kit Ive found useful is a Matador pocket blanket. I originally bought it to keep my camera equipment off the ground during a shoot. It keeps everything off the ground and gives my girlfriend a place to sit on if I drag her out while I fly. In a pinch it could be used to keep rain off of me or my stuff. I hate the thought of putting any camera type equipment on the dusty ground. I have the mini pocket blanket too.

This is what I have done with my hard shell cases.I removed the foam insert out of the case then purchased the zipped hard shell cases.1 for Mavic,1 for controller and 1 for charger and accessories.2 Lipo bags for batteries.It all fits Nice and neat and also gives added protection.
2 sets of landing legs,extra props,camera sun shade and uv filter.
They can be removed from hard case and go straight into a backpack if needed.

Attachments

• IMG_0897.JPG
    IMG_0897.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Reactions: guest_1121
I started with the Fly More bundle and used the provided DJI bag but I really didn't like the DJI bag. It was too tight to fit all the parts into the bag, the control sticks on the RC were always pushed to the side, the drone propellers would always get caught inside the loose lining of the bag, and the bag was too small for anything else to fit for a walk into the woods (like water and snacks). And the bag was too big to fit into a small backpack.

So I wandered around this forum, looked at pictures of other people's set-ups and also cruised Amazon for a couple hours and here is my set-up that I really like.

View attachment 13438 View attachment 13439

So I have:
  • Mavic hard shell case - I really like this case although I wish it was just a fraction smaller so the drone would fit tighter.
  • Mavic propeller clips - I thought once I stopped using the DJI bag I wouldn't need these but even with the hard shell case the clips secure the propellers and makes sure they are flopping around when I am taking out or putting away the drone. The bottom prop clip fits perfectly, I place it on the VERY back of the drone over the props and slide it gently forward until the props are lightly held. The upper clip is a little too tight for my liking, it actually holds the props down against the body ever so slightly. I think If I was doing long term storage (more than a couple days) I would probably remove that upper clip to make sure I don't deform the props.
  • Hard shell RC case - Same thoughts as the Mavic case, I wish it was just a fraction smaller for a better fit. But works well.
  • Stick clamp - I really like this version, although I haven't purchased any others. This one fits nice and snug on the sticks and to my eye is a perfect vertical fit, keeping the sticks in the neutral position. I also like that its quick and easy to install and remove, so straps or anything to futz with.
  • Hard shell double battery case - works perfectly
  • Hard shell single battery case - I use this one for accessories. I keep 6 spare props in it and also a small bag with a couple memory cards and these little 3D printed battery clips to cover the contacts of the batteries in case I want to loosely carry a battery in my pocket or backpack without fear of shorting the battery terminals and starting a fire. This case it just a smidgen too small though so I think I am going to try to find another option.
  • Taco filters - I am up in the air about these. They have definitely helped me get great shots in bright sunlight. But the past couple flights, when I was using my ND16, on take off I had blurry focus. When I landed the Mavic and replaced with the clear UV filter, the focus was perfect. To my eye the lens looks clean a whistle. So is it the Mavic? Is it the filters? I don't know but I am going to keep futzing around to try and nail down which it is.
That's it so far. Now I can toss all these cases into my small backpack with a bottle of water and some snacks and I am good to go for an afternoon hike to get some cool shots, with everything snug as a bug in a rug. Another cool thing about this set-up is that when I fly, I place all the little parts (gimbal cover, gimbal clamp, prop clips, RC clamp, iPhone case) into their respective hard shell cases and I am completely mobile and haven't lost track of any small parts. And when I put everything away I have all the little bits sitting in the cases so I don't forget to put anything back on (I am looking at you gimbal clamp!).

The last thing I am trying to come up with an easy solution is a battery log. I have my batts numbered on the outside but I would like to make sure I am rotating them properly so they are all used equally. I know you can check logs to see how often they have been used but it seems silly for me to install and remove 3 batteries at the start of each session to figure out the order of who goes first, in case I don't use them all. First time I checked my batts I found one batt had been used 15 times and the other two were used about 5 times each. So I did a couple of sessions using only two batts to get everyone even. I am thinking about laminating a small piece of card stock that I would velcro inside the top lid of my double battery hard shell and use a fine sharpie to tick my usage. When its full I replace it.

I am also working on a condensed version of the manual. I am 60+ flights in right now but I still can't remember where everything is in the DJI Go4 app. DJI likes to nest things inside advanced settings making it confusing to try to remember where everything is. So I am working on making a couple laminated cards, double sided, about the size of an iPhone, that can act as a quick reference guide to common setting changes.

What are you guys working on?

Do you have links to all of this gear? It's exactly what I'm after! Thank you

I had previously stated Landing Pad as the best accessory. Scratch that, as it has now been superseded by my Taco ND Filters :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98