DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Android Tablet for Dji Go 4

Last edited:
What do you think about this tablet Asus ZenPad S 8 (Z580CA)? will it work with dji go4?

I just got the Nvidia Shield K1 and I like it alot. The only problem I have is that the thickness of it makes it kinda hard to fit it in the RC holders. I had to do a little modification to be able to use the tablet without a mount.

sent from my Galaxy Note4

I just got the Nvidia Shield K1 and I like it alot. The only problem I have is that the thickness of it makes it kinda hard to fit it in the RC holders. I had to do a little modification to be able to use the tablet without a mount.

Hi!
Just got mine too.
I've ordered me some S-Holders to fit it correctly, but meanwhile I would be interested to see a picture, if possible, of the mod you did please?

Hi!
Just got mine too.
I've ordered me some S-Holders to fit it correctly, but meanwhile I would be interested to see a picture, if possible, of the mod you did please?
I would be very interested to see how the S clips will hold the tablet in place.

I would be very interested to see how the S clips will hold the tablet in place.

Well... I just received them.
So I went to try and I must say I'm a little disapointed because they don't hold the Shield well: it slips, so I have to hold it firmly in my palms, wich is not very comfy to fly the Mavic in the same time.
I'll try to put something to hold it tight when inserted, but I must say I'm still looking for a good solution.

Any hint on the solution you where talking about?

Well... I just received them.
So I went to try and I must say I'm a little disapointed because they don't hold the Shield well: it slips, so I have to hold it firmly in my palms, wich is not very comfy to fly the Mavic in the same time.
I'll try to put something to hold it tight when inserted, but I must say I'm still looking for a good solution.

Any hint on the solution you where talking about?

You just need to heat the S clips up and reduce the gap ..

You just need to heat the S clips up and reduce the gap ..

But if I do so, I worry about scratching the Shield screen.
I think I'll try to stuck something soft (some material, or else) between the S-Holder and the tablet border, just to hold it tight without scratching it.
No?

I have a bit of soft glasses cloth between the shield and the clip

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app

If your Tablet is slipping, use some sticky back fabric. You can get sheets from Craft shops. It's soft enough to not scratch but hold your tablet securely.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Those are the one I bought.
MAVIC S HOLDER nvidia shield Tablet

Still interested to see the mod you did on your controler.

Still interested in seeing how these S clips install and hold the tablet.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using MavicPilots mobile app

e030a099e19fb63a99caaa5cf71fc527.jpg

I had to cut away a little on the stop so that the arms could extend further out. I also had to cut away some of the rubber feet that hold the corners of the tablet into the arms. The Shield is thicker than the Ipad mini so u really cant get the tablet into the arms very good unless u take away some of the rubber feet. All in all , it works pretty well. Still getting used to holding the rc with the tablet in it.

Last edited:
(SNIPPED THE PICT)
I had to cut away a little on the stop so that the arms could extend further out. I also had to cut away some of the rubber feet that hold the corners of the tablet into the arms. The Shield is thicker than the Ipad mini so u really cant get the tablet into the arms very good unless u take away some of the rubber feet. All in all , it works pretty well. Still getting used to holding the rc with the tablet in it.

Thanks Frankiez, I see now. I wouldn't dare to cut anything off the RC myself, so I'll stick to my S-Holders for the moment and with some lens cloth, indeed, it holds better. I also have to train myself to the use of the RC with this big tablet, but I'm new on the Mavic so I still don't have many "bad habits" with it anyway...
Good flights to you then!

Im considering an ipad mini. From what i gather DJI caters to apple stuff better. Ive tried it with my galaxy tab and its lagy and gets a partual black screen sometimes. My adroid phone blacks out 3 out of 5 flights. Its getting anoying.

Sent from my LGMS550 using MavicPilots mobile app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom