DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Android Tablet that you tested its Work ?

Just want to add my experience with two devices. I first tried my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus phone and it works perfectly. It has a very bright screen in torch mode and no lag whatsoever. I then found a good deal on a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.0 ($50!). It's a pretty thick tablet, so it was a tight fit in the Mavic controller, but once in there it was, in my opinion, the perfect size. The problem with the Tab A came when flying. It looked completely washed out in bright sunlight even though it has an "outdoor mode" brightness setting and it had some pretty bad lag issues, even though I had nothing on the tablet other than the DJI Go 4.0 app. I'm returning the Tab A and thinking about springing for the Tab S2 8.0. I already have a Tab S2 9.7, but I don't want to buy an adapter for the controller and I think 9.7 will be too big.

Just want to add my experience with two devices. I first tried my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus phone and it works perfectly. It has a very bright screen in torch mode and no lag whatsoever. I then found a good deal on a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.0 ($50!). It's a pretty thick tablet, so it was a tight fit in the Mavic controller, but once in there it was, in my opinion, the perfect size. The problem with the Tab A came when flying. It looked completely washed out in bright sunlight even though it has an "outdoor mode" brightness setting and it had some pretty bad lag issues, even though I had nothing on the tablet other than the DJI Go 4.0 app. I'm returning the Tab A and thinking about springing for the Tab S2 8.0. I already have a Tab S2 9.7, but I don't want to buy an adapter for the controller and I think 9.7 will be too big.
I think you will love the tab s2 8 inch. Mine has been working awsome.

I'm an android guy and currently have a Tab S2 9.7. I love this device, but I feel the same way. Its too big to use for this purpose. My issue is that the Tab S2 8.0 doesnt support USA LTE bands, and I need to have cellular data on my tablet as i use it for may other purposes. I've had to resort to venturing to the dark side to get a high end tablet in the size i prefer for flying a drone. I had done the same thing when I had my P3A.

I would love to use my iPad Air2 but am thinking the same, it is going to be a bit large, although it will fit the tablet holder I ordered as well as the pocket in my sling bag. I am holding out to see the pricing for the CrystalSky 8" from DJI, but I am sure it is going to cost too much.

I found a refurbished Tab S2 8 (wifi) at Walmart for US$220. That is almost half the price of new and the best deal that I could find, so I bought it. Only 2 left if you are interested.

I found a refurbished Tab S2 8 (wifi) at Walmart for US$220. That is almost half the price of new and the best deal that I could find, so I bought it. Only 2 left if you are interested.
Love my tablet s2, I actually just bought a new one yesterday so I can use my older one just for my Mavic. Good job on finding a refurb.

Hi, I was wondering what cable have you been using to connect your Android tablets to the controller? I found out from DJI that the middle USB A connector is supposed to only support IOS not Andriod. I've tried longer mini USB cables but get no connect errors.

Help??? Thank you for any you can give. :)

Hi, I was wondering what cable have you been using to connect your Android tablets to the controller? I found out from DJI that the middle USB A connector is supposed to only support IOS not Andriod. I've tried longer mini USB cables but get no connect errors.

Help??? Thank you for any you can give. :)
I just use a short USB cable that I found laying around the house, it works perfectly for me.

Did you use the mirco port on the side or the USB A port in the bottom middle?

The bottom USB port works fine with Android tablets as long as you don't have a cable connected to the side port at the same time..

Reactions: Brianna
I m waiting for my Mavic and I wonder what is the best android tablet that works good for official Dji GO app (or Litchi)
All the video I Saw from youtube are Apple devices (ipad etc) none is an android ...

I saw that the S7 Galaxy has major problem ... did anyone tested to S6 ?
LG (G2 , G3 , G4 ) ?

please post your expirience (if you have) with your tablet or phone

Thank you all
Hi I am using the S6 Edge and have had no issues at all, I am now using DJI GO 4.

Last edited:
Hi . Thanks for the Image

If you not mind asking. How is the brightness of the Tab ?

Cant make up my mind for shield k1 or this. I fly a P4 with a huge TabS without problems
I wonder if i stay with Samsung...
Shield they say it is not that bright.

Also the K1 does not fit into the RC you will need a tablet holder.

Love my tablet s2, I actually just bought a new one yesterday so I can use my older one just for my Mavic. Good job on finding a refurb.

Are you using DJI GO 4 on the s2 ?? also what version is the s2 running ??

I m waiting for my Mavic and I wonder what is the best android tablet that works good for official Dji GO app (or Litchi)
All the video I Saw from youtube are Apple devices (ipad etc) none is an android ...

I saw that the S7 Galaxy has major problem ... did anyone tested to S6 ?
LG (G2 , G3 , G4 ) ?

please post your expirience (if you have) with your tablet or phone

Thank you all
My LG4 will not work. Keep saying "Unfortunately UI has stopped working". Going to try my LG8 tablet hopefully that'll work.

Sent from my LG-H810 using MavicPilots mobile app

I am 100 percent Android fan but have to admit that for some reason DJI and apple iOS runs so smooth for their software. I only had a few issues with my Samsung Note 4 but did have more issues with my Google Pixel XL dropping or app crashing. I bit the bullet and bought a used iPad mini 2 on eBay and the connection and ease of use is so nice. I did unfortunately have to buy litchi again for apple iOS but definitely recommend this way over Android. Not trying to derail the thread but coming from an avid Android fan the move to apple is so much better for this application. Side note, the tablet is dedicated for my drone use, I won't ever switch my phone to apple lol.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: dmanfl and Brianna
I am 100 percent Android fan but have to admit that for some reason DJI and apple iOS runs so smooth for their software. I only had a few issues with my Samsung Note 4 but did have more issues with my Google Pixel XL dropping or app crashing. I bit the bullet and bought a used iPad mini 2 on eBay and the connection and ease of use is so nice. I did unfortunately have to buy litchi again for apple iOS but definitely recommend this way over Android. Not trying to derail the thread but coming from an avid Android fan the move to apple is so much better for this application. Side note, the tablet is dedicated for my drone use, I won't ever switch my phone to apple lol.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MavicPilots mobile app

NNNNOOOO .... I don't want to here that ! :( I only want to use my Android Tech :) :)

I am in total denial over the iOS v Android tablet for my Mavic ......

I am going to borrow an ipad mini and an s2 and test them both to see what the scores are :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme