DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Android Tablet that you tested its Work ?

No I'm still using go3 but it better work with go 4 because I bought another new s2 just to have it dedicated to the mavic.

I just tried to download DJI to GO 4 from the play store and it load on my Samsung TAB 2 Kernal 3.0.31 version 4.1.2, it wouldn't load ... then tried the old app. It loaded, but I can't get it to communicate yet. I just keep hearing the USB connect beep over and over again. I did even try the side Mini USB connector. I hope you have better luck, let me know

I just tried to download DJI to GO 4 from the play store and it load on my Samsung TAB 2 Kernal 3.0.31 version 4.1.2, it wouldn't load ... then tried the old app. It loaded, but I can't get it to communicate yet. I just keep hearing the USB connect beep over and over again. I did even try the side Mini USB connector. I hope you have better luck, let me know
Really I downloaded it this morning and it loaded fine?

Reactions: Brianna
I also recently got a Tab S2 8. US$220 for a refurb at Walmart. This is a fantastic tablet. It is very thin (only 5.6mm) and light, but looks sturdy. And you can't beat the AMOLED for brightness and outdoor visibility.

Really I downloaded it this morning and it loaded fine?

Mine is the original version, maybe that has some thing to do with it. I just noticed that you all have been saying S2, they called my Samsung TAB 2 an S2 for short when it first came out. Now I see that it's an actual model number now. That would explain that.

Yes , mine it the tab s2... I've read issues with the other Samsung tabs. Hopefully that's not what's going on with yours?

Reactions: Brianna
Last edited:
I'm a Samsung fan and use my S6 phone with no issues. I wanted a bigger screen and bought a Nexus 7 2 nd gen. After trying to get it to work DJI GO 4 I discover it is not a 2nd generation so I returned it. After reading positive things about Samsung tab S2 purchased a new one. As my bad luck continues, I'm unable to get it to receive video from the Mavic. Next I spend an hour with Bestbuy geek squad who says it's tablet problem. I go the certified Samsung guy at BB to see if he can figure it out. He reads on a forum that the early version Samsung tab S2
sm-tu710 works on the DJI GO 4 BUT the newer version S2 sm-t713 does not work. Has anyone got the the tab 2 sm-t713 to work with the dji go Mavic controller. I don't want to shop for another tablet. Thanks

FWIW, I use my Galaxy S7 and I don't have major issues. I have had the Go4 app crash on the odd occasion, but it's definitely not a common occurrence. I even sometimes forget to switch to Airplane Mode and close all apps, which could possibly have contributed to the app crashing. And I record my screen using AZ Screen Recorder on every flight, which must be an added burden on the phone, but it seems to handle it fine.

I'm a Samsung fan and use my S6 phone with no issues. I wanted a bigger screen and bought a Nexus 7 2 nd gen. After trying to get it to work DJI GO 4 I discover it is not a 2nd generation so I returned it. After reading positive things about Samsung tab S2 purchased a new one. As my bad luck continues, I'm unable to get it to receive video from the Mavic. Next I spend an hour with Bestbuy geek squad who says it's tablet problem. I go the certified Samsung guy at BB to see if he can figure it out. He reads on a forum that the early version Samsung tab S2
sm-tu710 works on the DJI GO 4 BUT the newer version S2 sm-t713 does not work. Has anyone got the the tab 2 sm-t713 to work with the dji go Mavic controller. I don't want to shop for another tablet. Thanks
Try Doogee Y6 Max. Is cheap an works very good.

I am a full Microsoft Ecosystem (to include phone), so I was SOL on devices. I bought a Chuwi Hi8Pro dual boot tablet (Win10 and Android) and it works perfectly with DJI GO and DJI Go 4. It is perfect size for portability and giving me a bigger screen and if I need something on a Windows 10, I have it. 120$ on amazon.

The BestBuy Samsung guy you talked to probably read this thread. The newer Tab S2 T713 has connection problems, but will work is you follow a specific power-up procedure repeated several times in this thread: (1) make sure aircraft, RC and tablet are all off; (2) power up aircraft; (3) connect tablet to RC; (4) power up RC and wait for connection; and (5) power up tablet last and open DJI Go4 app... Voila.

Saw a video of where it is suppose to. I am personally thinking of getting a holder for it. Kinda of like the P4 setup .Will try 'whenever' it gets here.

Sent from my SM-G920P using MavicPilots mobile app
I really like the size of the Shield. With the HDMI out it is the winner for me. I'm using a tablet holder from DJI, so it will accommodate up to a 9.7" IPad. I have an old Hoodi I use, and Cinemizer goggles for bright days. It all fits in a small 511 Moab 6 backpack.IMG_0100.JPG IMG_0101.JPG

Reactions: dirkclod
:
It is now .... :)

Itsnot available in the UK samsung store :(
The BestBuy Samsung guy you talked to probably read this thread. The newer Tab S2 T713 has connection problems, but will work is you follow a specific power-up procedure repeated several times in this thread: (1) make sure aircraft, RC and tablet are all off; (2) power up aircraft; (3) connect tablet to RC; (4) power up RC and wait for connection; and (5) power up tablet last and open DJI Go4 app... Voila.

It works PERFECTLY! What a relief, Thank You

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser