DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best App Version for FW .400

KloppKopp

Reactions
After downgrading from .700 to .400 two weeks ago, i just kept on flying with iOS DG Go version 4.0.8. Everything was fine. I also made sure that I had auto app update in my iphone turned off and always went in flight mode before even starting the app.

Somehow the bugger noticed that there is something different. Since yesterday, when I hit "go fly" in the app I get a message that i have an uncompatible FW installed. I can press "ignore" and start flying, but it is kind of annoying and a little bit scary.

Does anyone have a similar message ? What iOS app versions are you using with FW .400 ? Should I try and downgrade DG Go ? If yes to which version ?

Many questions... Many thanks for your answers...

Honestly, open your eyes and upgrade to 900 like the vast majority of users

After downgrading from .700 to .400 two weeks ago, i just kept on flying with iOS DG Go version 4.0.8. Everything was fine. I also made sure that I had auto app update in my iphone turned off and always went in flight mode before even starting the app.

Somehow the bugger noticed that there is something different. Since yesterday, when I hit "go fly" in the app I get a message that i have an uncompatible FW installed. I can press "ignore" and start flying, but it is kind of annoying and a little bit scary.

Does anyone have a similar message ? What iOS app versions are you using with FW .400 ? Should I try and downgrade DG Go ? If yes to which version ?

Many questions... Many thanks for your answers...

Downgrade to DJI GO 4.0.4 or 4.0.5 and the problem will be solved.
There are a few threads on how to obtain older versions of the app.

Rob

IMO...I never saw the sense in NOT upgrading to the most recent FW &SW. Inevitably there will come a point where you'll have to upgrade. Sure I get the whole NFZ argument, which never posed a problem for me. The bottom line is, we (the end user) do not know what "calls" (commands) that the software is sending to the hardware and vice versa.

I kind of agree but the updates are almost weekly, there is no need to do them all and every time something major comes out there's a chance of incompatibility with your particular phone etc.
.400 firmware was known stable and came out early this year when they had got a handle on the early issues.

Updating FW/SW....to each his/her own.....DJI only recommend you to update.
In the last few weeks I've flown my MP here @ home (CA) then went to a couple of islands in HI then onto British Columbia Canada on FW 400/App 405 in airplane mode with out even cal anything.
So to me it doesn't make sense to update and suffer the frustrations and stress a lot of users did when they're doing their updates. I will update for sure but for now I want to enjoy my new hobby.

PS.....FW is a OEM .400 from factory on MP/RC.

There are numerous reason why some prefer various firmware versions. One of the main reasons is due to incompatible hardware and software. Surely you don't think a fellow mavic pilot is suppose to update his device to the most recent firmware if his device doesn't function properly?
If we all live in the same region using the same hardware, then it might be possible for all to do as everyone else.

And NO you do not have to update any of your devices as long as they each stay with the same version.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian