DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Buy Orders

Any DJI customer rep you chat to or talk to isn't going to have any idea about when a shipment to Best Buy went out or any other logistical information like that.

I just got off the phone with BB. I was told they have the Mavics and they will be shipping starting tomorrow.
We shall see.
DrPeppar, thanks for the update. Does your order say "arriving on the 31st" just wondering. Mine says pre-ordered delivery by the 31st, but it also says processing and that's it. I'm hoping for some good news.

DJI is being evasive in answering questions regarding orders placed with themselves so why would you expect them to be any better at providing information on orders placed via another vendor?

Just wondering....has anyone actually reached out to DJI directly to ask if they will have orders sent to Best Buy by their advertised released date?

It seems like a lot of folks have talked to Best Buy directly and have gotten various answers. Maybe someone could ask DJI if they will have orders sent to Best Buy by this weekend?

Reactions: tonytafarella
I can also confirm that BB is no longer taking orders & they were both last night & this morning. Interested to see how it all plays out. Would make sense for DJI to fulfill orders to its retailers first as much as that stinks for someone who ordered directly from DJI thinking it would give them an advantage in the pecking order. #waiting

I think part of the issue with BB is that when you put something in your cart it holds it for a while and if you don't pull the string it will eventually go back into available stock.
I could be wrong but it would explain the "now we have them, now we don't"
The person I talked to was curious as to why I was so interested in when and if it would be shipping. I'm guessing she is not a member of MavicPilots.

I think part of the issue with BB is that when you put something in your cart it holds it for a while and if you don't pull the string it will eventually go back into available stock.
The person I talked to was curious as to why I was so interested in when and if it would be shipping. I'm guessing she is not a member of MavicPilots.

They don't really have a clue. I talked to them a couple evenings ago. He even said at one point, "I'm looking at the same thing as you... I don't see any reason why you won't get it by October 31." I honestly think contacting them is a waste of time. They are going to tell you the same thing as you see in your online order status. Anything else they say is most likely just trying to be nice and make the customer happy.

Last edited:
I spoke with someone from DJI yesterday about Best Buy. I was told at this time my best bet is to buy from a dealer (Best Buy), as they won't be shipping new orders until at least Nov 15th. He said that the dealers are receiving their stock now.

Reactions: Anton Chigurh
I just got off the phone with BB. I was told they have the Mavics and they will be shipping starting tomorrow.
We shall see.

Sorry to come in - JUST got off the line with BB customer support literally 5 minutes ago and was told they DO NOT yet have them in warehouse and are expecting them Friday or Saturday.

Make of it what you will.

BTW: My order says 'Get it by Mon, October 31'.

My BB order still says "Get It By Mon Oct 31st" as well. Fingers crossed!!
My DJI direct order from the 4th is hopeless at this point. I've heard nothing new at all.

But I'm telling you, I wouldn't be surprised if DJI gave Best Buy some preferential treatment since they are the largest electronics retailer in the country, and they coincidentally just happen to already have GoPro Karmas on display in their stores. A smart move would be to reach those Best Buy customers before they move on to a competing product.

Those taxes tho!

Let's see, I spent $50 on tax, but am getting $20 back in Best Buy rewards. In the end I am spending $30 to have 45 DAYS with the ability to walk into a store that is 5 minutes from my office to exchange (or return) my Mavic in the event of any problems. That is worth it to me.

Let's see, I spent $50 on tax, but am getting $20 back in Best Buy rewards. In the end I am spending $30 to have 45 DAYS with the ability to walk into a store that is 5 minutes from my office to exchange (or return) my Mavic in the event of any problems. That is worth it to me.

Exactly. That's the main reason why I love Best Buy. They are very easy to deal with when it comes to returns!

And let's not forget that the retailers make nothing off your tax payments. They don't charge tax, they simply collect it. And you have to pay taxes...it's just the way the world works lol.

Two things about BB orders:
1) Could they be 'drop shipped' from DJI direct to the customer and if so, would never showup in warehouse inventory.
2) Could BB set limits sent to each region of the country.

You know it. same here.

Sorry to come in - JUST got off the line with BB customer support literally 5 minutes ago and was told they DO NOT yet have them in warehouse and are expecting them Friday or Saturday.

That jives with what my order said (before I canceled it today), that I could PICK IT UP from my store as early as Sunday 10/30.

That jives with what my order said (before I canceled it today), that I could PICK IT UP from my store as early as Sunday 10/30.

Where are you located? I'm about an hour SE of St Louis MO and it doesn't say anything like that on my page. Lots of differences in what we are all seeing with BB right now.

If that's true I think I should empty the 3 I have in my cart. Lol they all say "get by oct 31"...

I really don't have plans to go through with my purchase as I'm patiently waiting for my "fly more" bundle.

My best buy is about 35 minutes away and I'm not a member so I don't get rewards and I only get 14 days for returns I think. If you are getting those perks it sounds like a no-brainer.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143