DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Buy Orders

Just checked out of curiosity and put a new preorder in my cart and it says this:

Pre-Order Releases Sunday, October 30, 2016

Well if its going to fall apart they don't have much longer to play this game to get orders. I'm really starting to think Monday will come and go and none of us BB order people are going to have our new toy. Perhaps all we will have to console ourselves will be a new date of the end of November.

I HOPE I AM WRONG. Its just starting to feel more and more hinky.

Last edited:
Just checked out of curiosity and put a new preorder in my cart and it says this:

Pre-Order Releases Sunday, October 30, 2016

Well if its going to fall apart they don't have much longer to play this game to get orders. I'm really starting to think Monday will come and go and none of us BB order people are going to have our new toy. Perhaps all we will have to console ourselves will be a new date of the end of November.

I HOPE I AM WRONG. Its just starting to feel more and more hinky.
This doesn't sound like new info. It has said "Pre-Order Releases Sunday, October 30, 2016" for quite some time now. Shipping is pretty fast. I have always figured I wouldn't get a shipping notice until at least Thursday... maybe even Friday. But it reality, I expect the 31st to come and go without a Mavic in hand.

This doesn't sound like new info. It has said "Pre-Order Releases Sunday, October 30, 2016" for quite some time now. Shipping is pretty fast. I have always figured I wouldn't get a shipping notice until at least Thursday... maybe even Friday. But it reality, I expect the 31st to come and go without a Mavic in hand.

i just find it a bit suspect that I could order RIGHT NOW and have it Monday. If so they are going to pull off something no one else can even come close to.

i just find it a bit suspect that I could order RIGHT NOW and have it Monday. If so they are going to pull off something no one else can even come close to.
You can try but I seriously doubt your order will go through. You can add to the cart but the checkout process will fail before it gives the order confirmation.

No one else can pull off? Newegg just sent out orders that were ordered a week before.

I'm feeling pretty good about Best Buy right now. Better than the fly more I ordered in the 27th at least.

Me too... I ordered the Fly More combo from DJI on 9/27 at 2:44 in the afternoon in Austin (CST).

Let's see, I spent $50 on tax, but am getting $20 back in Best Buy rewards. In the end I am spending $30 to have 45 DAYS with the ability to walk into a store that is 5 minutes from my office to exchange (or return) my Mavic in the event of any problems. That is worth it to me.

Also, (and not to be 'that guy') but it's not like you don't owe the sales taxes from the online retailers that don't collect it. You are technically supposed to pay that tax anyway (although I don't know, nor have ever heard of anyone that does).

Did you really see your order getting ready to ship?

Sent from my SM-G925V using MavicPilots mobile app
DYyg3z2.png

No one else can pull off? Newegg just sent out orders that were ordered a week before.

ummm I said that people could order right up to almost the stated BB shipping date and have it go out within days.

BTW: We are all presumably on the same page here and the same boat - why are we trying to put others down and bring them down?

Reactions: tonytafarella
ummm I said that people could order right up to almost the stated BB shipping date and have it go out within days.

That is exactly why I replied. You sounded down about Best Buy. Best Buy offers next day delivery and if they have stock and offer you the ability to order, you could conceivably order the day before.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Last edited:
Reactions: tonytafarella
My prediction:

Monday will come and Best Buy orders will still say "Get it by 10/31," and none will have shipped.

For the record.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000