DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Buy Orders

Mine shipped today, order date oct 24. I'll probably either return it or sell it, since I already have mine from the Apple store.

10/25 order. Just received notification that it shipped. Finally!!! My extra batteries from Aerial Media Pros should show up about the same time. I have a fly more on order since the beginning with Kazoom. I'm going to keep that components of the fly more package and probably sell the extra Mavic when it gets here. I'm going to get a P4P+ as soon as it gets out in the open and I see some reviews on getting 3rd party apps on the new monitor. If not, I'm keeping the 2nd Mavic as a backup for my business.

My 10/27 order backtracked to "Processing" this morning, now is back to "Preparing" with a 12/13 "Get it By" date. Card still hasn't charged though. On the bright side, I can't make changes to the order anymore, so maybe it's for real.

Hey quick question, people started discussing possibly different SKUs on those receiving their orders vs those with older orders yet unfulfilled. My 10/13 order shows a SKU of 5621780, those that have received shipping info did you have the same SKU?

Hey quick question, people started discussing possibly different SKUs on those receiving their orders vs those with older orders yet unfulfilled. My 10/13 order shows a SKU of 5621780, those that have received shipping info did you have the same SKU?

I have same SKU and order was on 10/24 with no shipping info confirmed yet as well.

Mine has the same SKU. Posted in the BB forum as well Dave :). You know 15 min can save you a lot on your car insurance.

Reactions: Hunter Cole
I ordered on 11/4, and I resigned myself to the fact that I'd get it when I get it. My issue at this point is that it seems like there's just total chaos on the BB end. Not created by them, but apparently not managed well by them either. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to their shipping methodology. I've been flipping between backordered and preparing for the last week, with no 'get it by' date at all. They charged my card with a pre-auth when I updated shipping a little over a week ago. My bank hates BB, so I had to call my bank to get the charge authorized, both on the initial order, and when I changed shipping. This morning, it's got me back to backordered, it's showing that authorization failed on my card (my bank no longer shows any transaction for the order), and the order is 'preparing'. So it would appear that whenever they do actually ship it, they'll attempt the card charge again, my bank will decline it and call me to tell me that there was potential fraudulent activity with BB, and the cycle will repeat... Isn't this the 21st century?

I ordered on 11/4, and I resigned myself to the fact that I'd get it when I get it. My issue at this point is that it seems like there's just total chaos on the BB end. Not created by them, but apparently not managed well by them either. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to their shipping methodology. I've been flipping between backordered and preparing for the last week, with no 'get it by' date at all. They charged my card with a pre-auth when I updated shipping a little over a week ago. My bank hates BB, so I had to call my bank to get the charge authorized, both on the initial order, and when I changed shipping. This morning, it's got me back to backordered, it's showing that authorization failed on my card (my bank no longer shows any transaction for the order), and the order is 'preparing'. So it would appear that whenever they do actually ship it, they'll attempt the card charge again, my bank will decline it and call me to tell me that there was potential fraudulent activity with BB, and the cycle will repeat... Isn't this the 21st century?

Actually I think BB seems to be doing the most shipping of anyone... DJI direct is slow with no info, Apple is hit or miss (I have an order in with them), B&H and Newwgg seem to be shipping some, not sure what is up with Amazon. BB is caught up to all of the 10/24 or earlier purchases outside of some corner cases that got missed.

Those of us that are 10/25 were hoping we would get lucky and another batch would ship for us. Several 10/25's got the shutterfly email this morning which is an indicator of imminent shipping. I got the shutterfly email, by "get by" date went to Dec 7th. I expect to get shipping info later today. I paid for next day shipping, so if I get shipping info today, delivery for tomorrow still makes sense.

None of this has been optimal but BB seems to be the most consistent, and seems to be fulfilling the most orders. And by the way, I am not a BB fan at all. They are just a necessary evil at this point. Or it could be that the BB oderers are just better at communicating in this thread and it seems like BB is doing the best job?

Actually I think BB seems to be doing the most shipping of anyone... DJI direct is slow with no info, Apple is hit or miss (I have an order in with them), B&H and Newwgg seem to be shipping some, not sure what is up with Amazon. BB is caught up to all of the 10/24 or earlier purchases outside of some corner cases that got missed.

Those of us that are 10/25 were hoping we would get lucky and another batch would ship for us. Several 10/25's got the shutterfly email this morning which is an indicator of imminent shipping. I got the shutterfly email, by "get by" date went to Dec 7th. I expect to get shipping info later today. I paid for next day shipping, so if I get shipping info today, delivery for tomorrow still makes sense.

None of this has been optimal but BB seems to be the most consistent, and seems to be fulfilling the most orders. And by the way, I am not a BB fan at all. They are just a necessary evil at this point. Or it could be that the BB oderers are just better at communicating in this thread and it seems like BB is doing the best job?
This definitely does not apply to BB Canada...seeing zip...ordered Sep 28th, release date of Dec 31st! Happy New Year!

This thread has a ton activity ... at least it gives me the comfort of knowing that I am not the only one! I have a 11/3 order with BB and still set for get it be 12/21.

I put in an order with Newegg on 12/1, which states a ship by date of 1/01/17. I figured what the hell. I then figured I would have a read in the Newegg Orders thread. Looks like a bunch of people that ordered 11/24 just got theirs! WTF! The running idea is that Newegg (DJI Direct) is getting orders out ~10 days before their stated ship date and Newegg has a pretty good handle on inventory because they constantly go in and out of stock. If that logic holds true, I'll now have 2 Mavic Pros around 12/21! ugh

If I get a second Mavic, I will sell it for just enough for a second battery. I don't like the idea of flipping for profit on Ebay/Craigs, but do figure that whoever gets my 2nd Mavic will need to pay a battery penalty for wanting it without the wait pain that we are all going through.

This thread has a ton activity ... at least it gives me the comfort of knowing that I am not the only one! I have a 11/3 order with BB and still set for get it be 12/21.

I put in an order with Newegg on 12/1, which states a ship by date of 1/01/17. I figured what the ****. I then figured I would have a read in the Newegg Orders thread. Looks like a bunch of people that ordered 11/24 just got theirs! WTF! The running idea is that Newegg (DJI Direct) is getting orders out ~10 days before their stated ship date and Newegg has a pretty good handle on inventory because they constantly go in and out of stock. If that logic holds true, I'll now have 2 Mavic Pros around 12/21! ugh

If I get a second Mavic, I will sell it for just enough for a second battery. I don't like the idea of flipping for profit on Ebay/Craigs, but do figure that whoever gets my 2nd Mavic will need to pay a battery penalty for wanting it without the wait pain that we are all going through.

Exactly what I was planning if my Apple and BB orders came at the same time... Flip it for a $100 extra to a local buyer. Buy a spare battery.

Anyone know when these will start making it to stores? Most of the BBs near me have had placeholders for them for awhile.

10/25 order

Shutterfly email this morning

Shipping notice with UPS tracking number email received.

Just curious, before this update, what was your estimated delivery? Friday 12/9?

Before the shutterfly email my ship date was "we will let you know when it ships" or something like that. Then after the email is changed to "Preparing, get it by Dec 7th"

Then after getting the shipping notice email from BB the status just says "shipped"

I paid for next day shipping, so I expect it tomorrow. Waiting for UPS to update the tracking info.

I placed two Mavic orders, and it looks like they're both going to come in by the end of next week (Victoria, BC). Anyone interested in one for $100 over retail price plus shipping (or local pickup). If not I'll see if I can cancel one before it arrives. Shipping in Canada only. I don't think it would be such a good deal if I shipped to the US anyway because of duty charges.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Last edited:
Reactions: curtissimo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11