DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Buy vs Apple?

I went to my local BestBuy today and they said they are expecting it for Oct 30.
So, I didn't pre-order. My bday is Nov 2nd and I wanted it for that following weekend if at all possible. So I'm headed to BB when they open on that day or maybe even the day before to see what they can tell me. If I can be there when they open in the morning and they have even 1 in stock, I'm hoping to walk out with it.
Only bad thing is they only list the $999.99 version. They don't list the Fly More Bundle which I wanted for the extras. I'm hoping they have it anyway.
We'll see...

I went to my local BestBuy today and they said they are expecting it for Oct 30.
So, I didn't pre-order. My bday is Nov 2nd and I wanted it for that following weekend if at all possible. So I'm headed to BB when they open on that day or maybe even the day before to see what they can tell me. If I can be there when they open in the morning and they have even 1 in stock, I'm hoping to walk out with it.
Only bad thing is they only list the $999.99 version. They don't list the Fly More Bundle which I wanted for the extras. I'm hoping they have it anyway.
We'll see...

Yep, I'll stop by my local BB next Sunday and check. I noticed this last week they were setting up a new display in the camera/drone section, I'm thinking it's likely for the karma..

The store I went to today had the Karma on display, none on the shelf but the display was there and there was one in it. Looked cool, but not what I want. If I don't get one from a local store, then I'll just have to wait till the back log of orders are filled and they show up. Pre-ordering at this point almost seems pointless.

and just checked and BB is no longer listing a 'delivers by' date. There we go.

and just checked and BB is no longer listing a 'delivers by' date. There we go.

After this post I went to check BB and saw that you can't even pre-order the Mavic. I placed it in my cart and when I went to check out my cart was empty. It isn't available in stores of course, but now saying it isn't available for shipping. Software/site update, maybe?

After this post I went to check BB and saw that you can't even pre-order the Mavic. I placed it in my cart and when I went to check out my cart was empty. It isn't available in stores of course, but now saying it isn't available for shipping. Software/site update, maybe?

No idea but I've been watching it out of curiosity so I'm thinking they got the news finally. Could be a site update.

You can order from BestBuy again. The website shows the October 31st delivery date, but at order confirmation it states shipping will be updated when they have a release date.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Yesterday at Apple Store pick up was scheduled for November today Is delayed to dec 19.... is in almost 2 months....

Reactions: Stefan350
Yesterday at Apple Store pick up was scheduled for November today Is delayed to dec 19.... is in almost 2 months....

Looks like Apple pushed the delay to Dec.
Hopefully, for those of us whom haven't canceled our early orders with other venders are within the first batch of shipment.

My apple order still shows November . Hopefully I still get mine since the order was done on the 29 of sept

Attachments

• IMG_1122.jpg
    IMG_1122.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 34
BB is no longer allowing pre-orders. It shows coming soon now as of this morning. Maybe they will be holding off on any more purchases until they get them in store and ship out their limited pre-orders. (All speculation). Just hoping they meet their Halloween delivery date they posted.

Looks like Apple pushed the delay to Dec.
Hopefully, for those of us whom haven't canceled our early orders with other venders are within the first batch of shipment.

few hours back I have re-checked and now delayed till 22 december.... they sold a drone that it was not just there yet....just to compete against karma thats the way i see it....

Ordered from BestBuy on 10/4. No delivery date or get it by date was indicated on my order page, but going to the Mavic page in the store showed 'get it by 10/31'.

Now as others have noted the Mavic page no longer has the get it by date. However when I go to my order now it shows 'Get it by 10/31/16'

I have a sneaking suspicion that on 11/1 it will still say get it by 10/31 :)

I am still sitting at processing items for my apple in store pick up. Still have my fingers crossed that I get the Nov 2nd brick and mortar pick up date.

I have a big event I'm throwing in Miami Beach Thanksgiving weekend and I would like to have some flight time under my belt .

Here is a piece of information I gathered from the DJI forums, take it with a grain of salt. I doubt I will regret my preorder from BestBuy, and will likely cancel my Amazon preorder if it ships on Monday.

Attachments

• IMG_0563.PNG
    IMG_0563.PNG
    228.6 KB · Views: 46
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka