DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Buy vs Apple?

At this rate, some of us might as well wait until the warmer weather and possibly grab them at a discount. It just seems like a weird time to launch a drone, especially one not made for winter conditions. Oh well.

You could totally fly the Mavic in winter conditions. Your fingers might not agree though ;)

You could totally fly the Mavic in winter conditions. Your fingers might not agree though ;)
Really? Someone told me something about how they can't fly their P4 in minus weather, maybe they just didn't know what they were talking about? If the mavic is winter ready, then I'm ready TU

Keeping the batteries warm (i.e. In your pocket before flight) is the critical part. I was thinking if I'm flying in cold weather, I might throw the Mavic into a large gallon ziplock when I bring it into the warm house to prevent condensation on the electrical components.

Really? Someone told me something about how they can't fly their P4 in minus weather
DJI recommends only flying in temperatures between 32-104 degrees F. That doesn't mean it's impossible to fly in colder temperatures though. You can safely do it if you give the aircraft and battery enough time to warm up.

Reactions: MavicHavoc
I have a concern that some of these dealers will be getting their product but selling them on eBay or other sources for more money as I've seen them go on eBay for over $2000 what do you think? Not BB of course

I walked into the Apple Store this afternoon in Charleston SC and walked out with my Mavic. They only had one available. Cancelled my bestbuy order 10 seconds later.

Meh, I canceled my Best Buy order, too.
I was going to just get it and sell it to a MP member but I figure canceling is about the same as someone will get theirs sooner now.
Back to the open skies for me.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Me neither. I had a $400 gift card I have to do something with by the end of the year.
I've got all the batteries I need so it looks like more VR games or something.
I prefer microcenter for my electronics wants.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

My Best Buy order changed from "Get it by November 29” to
  • Your item(s) will fulfill by WED 12/21 but we cannot not guarantee it will arrive by Christmas

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000